• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, PantherKyle said:

No retreads.

agreed but Ive always like Quinn and I think its probably a good strategy to get as many opinions about our situation and Young as you can, especially from hot coaching candidates.  Doesnt hurt one thing to hear what they have to say and you would assume they would be brutally honest one way or another

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Maybe they realized it's a hard sell so uh, just call everyone you can think of. Of course it's some ex soccer guy that just helped him hire his 3rd Charlotte FC coach lol. 

This is the same firm (Sportsology) that SF used that placed them with Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch.

• Pie 4

44 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

McClay would be a home run but given he's the defacto GM in Dallas, I have hard time seeing him leave the franchise he's been at for 20+ years for the Panthers in their current state of affairs.

He might want to be “the man”. I also don’t think he would be nervous working with Tepper after working with Jerry for so long. A lot of focus on building the o-line, which is great. He would be a home run hire.

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, SaltAndPepper said:

I wonder why Adam Peters isn't on the list...

Very heavy lean for Washington from the Twittersphere.   I don't think any team has asked about Peters despite being the most successful candidate. 

Peters and Bob Meyers know each other well and apparently that's why Washington brought him in.

• Pie 1

The way I see it, Slowik, Johnson, Canales & MacDonald are the exciting young names out there.  I don't see LA signing a young gun, Harbaugh got his title so can go back to the NFL, and Belicheck could get traded (where I think NE has Mayo in the wings).

The way I see it, there's 2 of the 4 openings left for the younger guys.   

So ideally, if this search firm is good and the young guys seem viable, we should have one of them on the plate as HC.

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

I'm guessing it's a semantics thing. Basically, checking to see if there is interest before formally requesting so they don't get the headline of a declined interview.

Confirmed...

Archer is as solid a source for Cowboys information as you'll find.

Edited by Mr. Scot