• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Has no-one interviewed Vrabel yet...? That seems odd, he seems like one of the strongest candidates among the "veteran" coaches, if not the strongest, save for Harbaugh IMO. 

He’s interviewing with LAC 

• Pie 1

I saw somewhere that Dan Quinn is returning to Dallas as DC... Maybe someone can confirm that.

I have a sneaky suspicion that a defensive coach may end up a front runner. I would not be shocked at all if Mike MacDonald ends up, at most, a finalist 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, methodtoll said:

I saw somewhere that Dan Quinn is returning to Dallas as DC... Maybe someone can confirm that.

I have a sneaky suspicion that a defensive coach may end up a front runner. I would not be shocked at all if Mike MacDonald ends up, at most, a finalist 

I think the report said if he doesn’t get a HC gig he would return as DC for Dallas 

My current guesses as to how these openings pan out:

Chargers: Jim Harbaugh

Falcons: Bill Belichick

Raiders: Antonio Pierce

Seahawks: Dan Quinn

Commanders: Mike Vrabel or Ben Johnson

Titans: Brian Callahan or Bobby Slowik 

Panthers: Ben Johnson or ???

Short video. States the Panthers have slowed the GM search because Tepper is either comfortable with Morgan being the GM or he wants another HC/GM combo guy. Says Morgan has the stick of the prior regime all over him and needs to be gone because the NFL is a results based business and the most recent results were the worst of any Panther team.

Edited by jayboogieman
  • Pie 1

Why keep Morgan again? I mean if he was good enough to be a GM then why hasn’t any other team interviewed him for the position. We really need to clean house in the front office. It seems like we make too many decisions based on sentiment and history (Morgan, Reich) or on locality (Ickey, Horn) recently. Only one we didn’t was Wilks.