• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please Tepper do the right thing and go hard after Jim Harbaugh

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Main issues would be...

1) it's likely a temporary solution. I know some folks are desperate enough they'd be happy with one trophy followed by ten years of mediocrity. I'm not

2) Harbaugh is way better suited to college kids than he is too professional adults, and...

3) He's not the guarantee people make him out to be. Plenty of guys succeed in one situation only to completely fail in another (Jimmy Johnson and George Seifert are prior examples)

1) Average NFL HC tenure is just over 3 years. Tepper's HCs average less than 1 year. LMAO at hating on the longevity of a guy with 4 jobs in 20 years.

2)Screenshot_20240109_122233_Chrome.jpg.899cebbd5866afe9a55b2adff674fe37.jpg

3)Nothing is guaranteed!

• Pie 1

Just now, Stumpy said:

1) Average NFL HC tenure is just over 3 years. Tepper's HCs average less than 1 year. LMAO at hating on the longevity of a guy with 4 jobs in 20 years.

2)Screenshot_20240109_122233_Chrome.jpg.899cebbd5866afe9a55b2adff674fe37.jpg

3)Nothing is guaranteed, you rube!

Its just a tired and lazy argument, Harbaugh can coach and it makes no sense to not at least talk with him

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, t96 said:

source?

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Never trust a guy named "Steelo."

Well.... It's not my real name... 

It was mentioned this morning on the Mac and Bone show (WZFN)

I don't have direct link to it right now, should have included it in the original post I made.  I'm pretty sure it can be found online but I have limited access rn and can't get back on my twitter from the work computer. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Main issues would be...

1) it's likely a temporary solution. I know some folks are desperate enough they'd be happy with one trophy followed by ten years of mediocrity. I'm not

2) Harbaugh is way better suited to college kids than he is too professional adults, and...

3) He's not the guarantee people make him out to be. Plenty of guys succeed in one situation only to completely fail in another (Jimmy Johnson and George Seifert are prior examples)

Harbaugh is as close to a sure-thing as any football coach on this planet. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Which would mean not at all because nobody is a sure thing.

No, that doesn't exactly mean "not at all," but even if you believe that---and you want to get all technical---you can say that about anyone. That being said, you should be looking at who gives you the best chance to turn your team around, and win, based upon track record. Based upon that, Harbaugh is a better answer than anyone on the list. 

His results are not theoretical. He has done this on every level. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Trust me he reads this board. He took a shot at Panthers social media boards during the off-season. He reads the comments trust me.

If that’s true he either gets off on our misery or his Jimmy is the most rustled Jimmy of all time.

10 minutes ago, top dawg said:

No, that doesn't exactly mean "not at all," but even if you believe that---and you want to get all technical---you can say that about anyone. That being said, you should be looking at who gives you the best chance to turn your team around, and win, based upon track record. Based upon that, Harbaugh is a better answer than anyone on the list. 

His results are not theoretical. He has done this on every level. 

How long did it take him to beat Ohio State?

Hell, college is his element yet a few years ago people were speculating that Michigan might be ready to move on from him.

Harbaugh the coach reminds me of Terrell Owens the player. Fans everywhere were always saying it would be different if he just came to play for us, yet everywhere he went it was only a short time later that they were ready to be done with the experience.

It won't surprise me if Harbaugh ends up having a similar legacy.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Poo 1

Sometimes overthinking things leads to terrible results...We should all know that by now. Harbaugh is the best option. When you're looking at him take the Chargers or the Commanders to the Super Bowl in two or three years while we're still spinning our wheels, don't say that you weren't told.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1