• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nick Saban Retires.

18 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

There are some real BS takes in this thread. Saban is absolutely the GOAT of college football coaching. People here downplaying the coaching because of the recruiting must not fully grasp all that being a head ball coach entails. 

While Bama has had great recruiting classes during Saban’s tenure, several other programs (Georgia, FSU, OSU, Texas, Florida during the early Saban years) have had classes consistently ranked close to or above Bama’s. Based upon this, one could (should?) assume that those same programs should have multiple NCs over the same time period, if Saban were just a JAG coach. To the contrary, Saban has gotten more out of his recruiting classes than these other programs. 

He is absolutely the GOAT when it comes to all that being a head ball coach entails. 

After fighting about bill Belichick not being the GOAT and huddlers not wanting harbs or tomlin cause "reasons".

I didnt have the energy to even begin defending nick not being the clear college goat. 

This boards IQ has dropped 30 points during this 2-15 season. Just pure shiit takes.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

ESPN is showing on their ticker that Bama's big receiver recruit just de-committed because of Saban's retirement.

I mean yeah, 99% have been going there to play for Saban.   Bama about to take a huge step back no matter who the coach is that comes in. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I mean yeah, 99% have been going there to play for Saban.   Bama about to take a huge step back no matter the coach is that comes in. 

6 championships in the hardest era, again what poor soul wants to follow that???

Clearly the best college coach in history. 

4 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

Recruiting is a part of college football

And as I pointed out, many programs have been right there with Alabama in terms of recruiting since Saban’s hiring. Yet, only Georgia and Clemson have won more than one championship. 

1 hour ago, Bama Panther said:

And as I pointed out, many programs have been right there with Alabama in terms of recruiting since Saban’s hiring. Yet, only Georgia and Clemson have won more than one championship. 

Yep.  No way to rationally doubt Saban's legacy. 

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, RJK said:

Tepper should at least see if he’s interested in a consultant type role to try and get the most out of Bryce. I’d rather saban in that role than Caldwell tbh 

Yes, he'll know how to maximize the limited ceiling of our crawl space of a quarterback. We will be the most formidably supine team next year. No one will crawl better than us.

Edited by BenjaminBreeg

As an AU fan I hated that MF’er for his first 3 or 4 years at Bama.

But, eventually, I came to terms with it.  Hating Saban was akin to hating The Terminator for wanting to kill Sarah Conner.

fuger was a college football cyborg.

So no hate.  Fugging glad he’s gone.  Any replacement is a significant step down. This pleases me.

P.S. He’s not going back to the NFL and that would be a bad idea anyway.  Dude is gonna make serious retirement bank as a college football studio commentator.

5 hours ago, Bama Panther said:

Bama has been the costistant top recruiter over last decade plus. When Georgia and Clemson  entered that top realm for a few years  they won.  Not sure that's the argument you were going for.

2 hours ago, csx said:

Bama has been the costistant top recruiter over last decade plus. When Georgia and Clemson  entered that top realm for a few years  they won.  Not sure that's the argument you were going for.

Bama has been consistently in the top 3 or so. The argument I am making is that one extra 5-star recruit in a class doesn’t automatically lead to championships over teams that have similar recruiting classes. That is where the “he’s just a JAG coach” falls apart, because those other similarly situated teams should have won more championships.