• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is falling for the Peacock Wildcard bullshitt

Jmac

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Now, you can...😂

Still won’t listen, I think she’s actually very intelligent and has great social and moral stances. But not my cup of tea when it comes to music. 

Now if she did a crossover song with Unleash The Archers. I’d be the biggest swiftie in history. 

Edited by Harbingers

Just now, Harbingers said:

Still won’t listen, I think she’s actually very intelligent and has great social and moral stances. But not my cup of tea when it comes to music. 

You're cheating yourself, dude...😆

My tastes are ecIectic. I listen to it all from Drake to Andrea Bocelli to to Deep Forest to Satchmo to Dean Martin to Mystikal to Herb Alpert to Andreas Vollenweider to Morgan Wallen to Tangerine Dream to Peter Buffett...

You only live once, my friend.

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, T-Wazzle said:

Noone should watch it...let the NFL know we won't stand for this streaming b.s.

But of course,  subscriptions to peacock will go up and people will bitch about it when the NFL does this more and more.

It won't be long before all playoff games will be PPV.  I wouldn't be surprised if eventually all NFL games will be PPV.   Greed is a very bad thing, and the NFL is a greedy corporation.

19 hours ago, Shocker said:

I mean it’s six bucks…I paid it

Funny thing is I got it for something else my boys wanted to watch a couple weeks ago so the timing worked out. I haven’t seen Oppenheimer either and my youngest wants to watch it with me when it comes out in a month. I’ll likely dump it after that.

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It won't be long before all playoff games will be PPV.  I wouldn't be surprised if eventually all NFL games will be PPV.   Greed is a very bad thing, and the NFL is a greedy corporation.

I doubt it because the government gives the NFL way too many subsidies. These billionaires and millionaires take our money and add to their bottom lines and then propose to charge us to pad their pockets even further? I ain't going for it. There's always a way to watch games for free, and those ways continue to improve. fug the NFL!

15 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You're cheating yourself, dude...😆

My tastes are ecIectic. I listen to it all from Drake to Andrea Bocelli to to Deep Forest to Satchmo to Dean Martin to Mystikal to Herb Alpert to Andreas Vollenweider to Morgan Wallen to Tangerine Dream to Peter Buffett...

You only live once, my friend.

Maybe I am, I listen every genre except Pop and (shitty)country-“music” and modern “rap”.(I love oldschool rap and hip hop though).  I do lean heavily on electronic, bluegrass, jazz, jam, epic metal and classical though. I just can’t get into modern pop. 

Edited by Harbingers

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Maybe I am, I listen every genre except Pop and (shitty)country-“music”. I do lean heavily on electronic, bluegrass, jazz, jam, epic metal and classical though. I just can’t get into modern pop. 

Fair enough. New Age and smooth jazz are probably my historical favorites. A buddy in college introduced me to Tangerine Dream in school. Then another buddy introduced me to Andreas Vollenweider (Down To The Moon). Then I came across Windham Hill Records and Narada Productions. I was hooked from there. I don't like everything, as it is somewhat of an acquired taste, but I love music that calms my mood and makes me think. Lately, especially when I'm travelling by car, I've taken a liking to Deep House. I think the SiriusXM station is Chill and the Pandora station is Beach Bar Chill. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You must be one of the swifties or whatever her fans are called.

Not really. I had to look a title up...🤣 I knew that I'd heard her before plenty though, as sometimes I'd just listen to the local pop station.

I'm more of a Nora En Pure guy. See above post.

• Pie 1

Just now, top dawg said:

Not really. I had to look a title up...🤣 I knew that I'd heard her before plenty though, as sometimes I'd just listen to the local pop station.

I'm more of a Nora En Pure guy. See above post.

Not a pop fan myself, but I do remember Brittany Spears and NSYNC back in the days. That was before the social media era.

17 hours ago, CRA said:

We already gave in to them putting them on ESPN.  Then on NFLN.   Then on Amazon.  Now it’s Peacock. Football fans gave in a long time ago.   Next will be Apple I guess.   They probably will do it just to prevent others from getting easy action to their services they want to put out of business. 

Yes, they have already been doing this during the regular season, but I understand that local markets can still watch their teams on network TV then.  However, I think this is the first time this has happened in the playoffs, so half the teams are already eliminated and there is more interest in out of market team games.

10 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Fair enough. New Age and smooth jazz are probably my historical favorites. A buddy in college introduced me to Tangerine Dream in school. Then another buddy introduced me to Andreas Vollenweider (Down To The Moon). Then I came across Windham Hill Records and Narada Productions. I was hooked from there. I don't like everything, as it is somewhat of an acquired taste, but I love music that calms my mood and makes me think. Lately, especially when I'm travelling by car, I've taken a liking to Deep House. I think the SiriusXM station is Chill and the Pandora station is Beach Bar Chill. 

I’ve loved house and acid jazz since it really came on the scene. 

One of my recent favorites, all though it is old school jazz artists, is Ryo Fukui, I fuging love Scenery(1976) and I can see how it really was one of the major progenitors of modern chill music. The likes of DJ Shadow, Nujabes and Uyama Hiroto among many others pulled major influence from him. 

• Beer 1

From Taylor Swift to Uyama Hiroto. That's why I love the Huddle...sometimes. 

Just a random thought based on my post before: I said that I was more of a Nora En Pure guy, which I do like her, and she gets all the hype, but I actually enjoy Nora Van Elken more because of the Asian influences in some of her tracks.