Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Houston talent


 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Tom Brady misses wide open receivers. Stroud missed a bunch against the Panthers. Every QB ever in history has. 

There’s a world where Bryce improves his footwork and looks really good in 1-2 seasons. We can’t change the past. We aren’t having Stroud here. No one disagrees that we should have taken Stroud. But Bryce wasn’t Zach Wilson or Darnold bad. his problems are very fivable. it’s up to him to fix 

There are very few worlds where a quarterback who literally can't throw 40 yards downfield suddenly looks like a worldchanger, and all of them require us getting all pros at every skill position.

Sam Darnold actually looked significantly better than Bryce here.

  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amazing what a qb can do to a roster. It's amazing the talent difference between Young and Stroud. How the Carolina panther talent evaluators came away with Young over Stroud  may be the most mind boggling talent evaluation in pro sports history. I mean it's like scouting Michael Jordan and choosing Spud Webb. They paid for it this season and will many more to come.  It's unreal.

Edited by Brent Gregory
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Shocker said:

Of course they are way better top to bottom in the organization.  Thinking Stroud comes here and does this in Carolina this year is asinine 

He absolutely doesn't. Stroud does come here and outperform what Bryce did though

  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TN05 said:

There are very few worlds where a quarterback who literally can't throw 40 yards downfield

He literally can and literally has. NFL Next Gen stats has his longest completed air yards pass at 48.2 yards. That’s not a great number but it’s obviously greater than 40. It’s also very context specific. Chiefs passing attack had issues this year and Mahomes came in under Bryce with his lowest LCAD of his career at 46 yards. We know that Mahomes can throw the ball way farther than that but it goes to show how the conditions that a player exists within can impact their box score over the course of a season. Tough to say exactly what Bryce can do when we have only ever observed him targeting the worst deep threats in the league, within an uninspired scheme, behind a uniquely terrible interior line. The team is definitely going to prioritize a receiver and linemen in FA and probably at #33 as well. If those additions prove to be in the ballpark of league average then I think we will have a much better understanding of Young.

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Solaris said:

He literally can and literally has. NFL Next Gen stats has his longest completed air yards pass at 48.2 yards. That’s not a great number but it’s obviously greater than 40. It’s also very context specific. Chiefs passing attack had issues this year and Mahomes came in under Bryce with his lowest LCAD of his career at 46 yards. We know that Mahomes can throw the ball way farther than that but it goes to show how the conditions that a player exists within can impact their box score over the course of a season. Tough to say exactly what Bryce can do when we have only ever observed him targeting the worst deep threats in the league, within an uninspired scheme, behind a uniquely terrible interior line. The team is definitely going to prioritize a receiver and linemen in FA and probably at #33 as well. If those additions prove to be in the ballpark of league average then I think we will have a much better understanding of Young.

I have an understanding from watching him this year. He looks awful. Indefensibly awful. He threw for under 3000 yards and had more turnovers than TDs in a full season against one of the most favorable defensive schedules in the league. He looked good in exactly one game, and terrible in the rest. You can count the “wow” moments on one finger. He’s a physically limited midget with a noodle for an arm, Jimmy clause could rip passes faster than him
 

His best case is Alex Smith. Worst case is he’s unemployed in half a year. We should genuinely consider a Trent Richardson move because I’ve seen nothing that indicates he’ll be able to lead a championship team. Maybe if we give him the talent the Dolphins have he’d look serviceable, but that doesn’t cut it in this league

Edited by TN05
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TN05 said:

There are very few worlds where a quarterback who literally can't throw 40 yards downfield suddenly looks like a worldchanger, and all of them require us getting all pros at every skill position.

Sam Darnold actually looked significantly better than Bryce here.

I wanted Stroud and I’m not blind to the criticisms of Bryce Young but he can throw it more than 40 yds. His problem is velocity and confidence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, TN05 said:

I have an understanding from watching him this year. He looks awful. Indefensibly awful. He threw for under 3000 yards and had more turnovers than TDs in a full season against one of the most favorable defensive schedules in the league. He looked good in exactly one game, and terrible in the rest. You can count the “wow” moments on one finger. He’s a physically limited midget with a noodle for an arm, Jimmy clause could rip passes faster than him
 

His best case is Alex Smith. Worst case is he’s unemployed in half a year. We should genuinely consider a Trent Richardson move because I’ve seen nothing that indicates he’ll be able to lead a championship team. Maybe if we give him the talent the Dolphins have he’d look serviceable, but that doesn’t cut it in this league

The skill position and IOL talent, indefensible scheming, and coaching turmoil are irrelevant because of the stat sheet. Got it. I’ll reserve judgment until I see Young operate within a modern offense with NFL caliber players. Not a perfect situation. Not the Miami Dolphins. Just a collection of players in the ballpark of league average. A roster assembled to at least present the rare opportunity to attack a defense deep. Not an unreasonable expectation. I have no investment in this beyond wanting to see Young succeed or fail in a context where his success or failure can’t immediately be attributed to an all-pro or all-trash supporting cast. I don’t believe many people on either side of the argument here are interested in finding the truth about Bryce Young unfortunately.

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

The skill position and IOL talent, indefensible scheming, and coaching turmoil are irrelevant because of the stat sheet. Got it. I’ll reserve judgment until I see Young operate within a modern offense with NFL caliber players. Not a perfect situation. Not the Miami Dolphins. Just a collection of players in the ballpark of league average. A roster assembled to at least present the rare opportunity to attack a defense deep. Not an unreasonable expectation. I have no investment in this beyond wanting to see Young succeed or fail in a context where his success or failure can’t immediately be attributed to an all-pro or all-trash supporting cast. I don’t believe many people on either side of the argument here are interested in finding the truth about Bryce Young unfortunately.

Hard to say how truly bad this offense was. We only saw it with one other QB and it looked fine then. 

If they had benched him half way through the season , then we could have seen wether it was him or the team. I suspect that's why they let him play all the games to the end. Didnt want to embarrass him.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Houston had the #2 pick in the draft. Unless you're telling me their roster changed overnight then you may have a point.

 

Stroud>Bryce stop trying to find excuses to why one is better than the other. We call that coping.

 

Anyone who watches the games can see the clear difference in arm talent between the two QBs.

Not only the arm talent,  let me add:

Vision,  anticipation, awareness, height, athleticism what else?

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not one person that crows this everyone but Bryce crap has enough sense to consider why the plays sucked.

I mean, has ANYONE ever seen the likes of the offense these coaches put out there? I think the honest answer has to be no. Nothing I have ever seen even comes close. You’d have to go back to when the forward pass was new. 

He cannot make enough types of throws on time with enough velocity to play in the NFL.  They found out the hard way they can’t treat him like the players they are used to working with. 

That offense is what you got. Actually I know how to design an offense for him. Get Gettleman back and draft those NBA tall WRs and jump ball it 10 yards a play down the field. Bryce can make those throws and he won’t need to see where he is throwing it really. Just throw to a spot where your 7’ WR will be standing. 

Edited by strato
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Where you saying this before the season?

 

Easy to say this now. Before the season most thought the Texans would be one of the worst teams in the league. Hell even I thought the Texans would suck before the season.

 

 

And yet we beat the Texans - a playoff game winner

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

Bryce does not have the arm strength or speed that Tua has. Tua is also bigger. 

This. The only thing Bryce had going for him was his ability to read defenses, and that hasn’t translated in the NFL, we literally got a UFA level QB for DJ Moore, CMC, and 2 firsts. We also missed out on a franchise QB. 

  • Pie 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

This. The only thing Bryce had going for him was his ability to read defenses, and that hasn’t translated in the NFL, we literally got a UFA level QB for DJ Moore, CMC, and 2 firsts. We also missed out on a franchise QB. 

Exactly. His one claim to fame was supposed to be he was this genius that could process at a level we haven't seen since Peyton Manning. Before the draft, we all knew he had a subpar arm, we all knew he wasn't the strongest passer, we all knew he was small, and we all knew he had subpar speed. But his "Elite processing" was supposed to make all of that null. We bombed that pick.

Future note for Panthers, next time 2 players you like are 1A and 1B, go with the player who has NFL size.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So tired of all the coping. Move on. We got who we got. Nobody is still picking Bryce over CJ in a redraft. 
 

Watch Bryce objectively without comparing him to CJ. He looked like one of the worst QBs in the NFL this year. He’s got a lot to work on this offseason and I hope he’s a lot better next season. 

  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • ManUP Gummies Australia || https://supplementcarts.com/manup-gummies-australia/ ManUP Gummies Australia Paying little heed to how old you can't avoid being, you won't have to worry about any sexual issues any more since we give these pills, which are prepared for giving you staggering and strong sexual concurrence. Your sexual issues, for instance, troublesome release and minor penis condition, will go, and you will really need to have a mindful relationship with your accessory at whatever stage throughout everyday life. ManUP Gummies Australia Male Improvement is a mix of splendid typical parts that have been sensibly turned out to be helpful for the treatment of sexual difficulties in a very concise timeframe, so sexual troubles won't be a concern for you directly following taking it.   Facebook:- https://www.facebook.com/ManUP.Gummies.Australia.Official/   More Relative Blogs https://zenodo.org/records/11656221 https://manup-gummiesaustralia.webflow.io/ https://manup-gummiesaustralia.jimdosite.com/ https://manup-gummiesaustralia.mystrikingly.com/ https://sites.google.com/view/manup-gummiesaustralia/ https://groups.google.com/g/mailingpostfixusers/c/g3ue3vTvDUA https://blog.rackons.in/manup-gummies-australia-risk-free-at-all-time https://www.instagram.com/manup_gummies_australia/ https://manup-gummies-australia-1.jimdosite.com/ https://manupgummiesaustralia.godaddysites.com/ https://sites.google.com/view/manupgummies-australia/ https://manup-gummies-australia-official.mystrikingly.com/ https://manup-gummies-australia-3095fb.webflow.io/ https://www.daddycow.ie/blogs/view/20100 https://manup-gummies-australia-725f73.webflow.io/ https://sites.google.com/view/man-up-gummies-australia/ https://manup-gummies-australia-2.jimdosite.com/ https://manupgummiesaustralia.mystrikingly.com/ https://zenodo.org/records/11655830 https://manup-gummies-australia-reivews.company.site/ https://manupgummiesaustralia9.godaddysites.com/ https://sites.google.com/view/manupgummiesaustralia/ https://zenodo.org/records/11656183 https://manup-gummies-australia-3.jimdosite.com/ https://solo.to/myrtlemulleno https://manup-gummies-australia-976073.webflow.io/ https://soundcloud.com/voreamorte/manup-gummies-australia-official-get-it-now https://www.yepdesk.com/manup-gummies-australia-reviews-top-rated-genuine-expense- https://winter-supplement.blogspot.com/2024/06/manup-gummies-australia-100-quality.html https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/manup-gummies-australia-100-quality-check-aa795d92fd504f9e97f5935669feb276 https://medium.com/@manup-gummies-australia/manup-gummies-australia-hype-alert-my-experience-2024-d79d29b1448c https://manup-gummies-australia.hashnode.dev/manup-gummies-australia-critical-warning-for-men-know-the-facts-before-buying https://ergologic.microsoftcrmportals.com/el-GR/forums/general-discussion/98734138-472a-ef11-a81c-000d3aab1134 https://community.goldencorral.com/news/manup-gummies-australia-reviews-hidden-truth-reveal-get-it-now https://www.daddycow.ie/blogs/view/20104/manup-gummies-australia-report-2024-shocking-price
    • reading comprehension is hard. you even highlighted it, and still didn’t get it.
    • Yes because nothing happens in the offseason. What a masterful take. Thankfully all the football stuff happens from September to February. Wait didn't they just have something recently? Even an Injury and some contract drama? Nope, couldn't be. There is nothing happening at this time of year according to you.
×
×
  • Create New...