• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Predictions

42 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

We hire the right GM and the right HC this cycle and make it to the playoffs in 3 years like Detroit did with MCDC.

Just to be a contrarian to everyone else in this place.

I wish I could believe in that. Just not a great history of bad owners figuring poo out in professional sports. Not consistently, anyway.

I also just don't think the environment for a HC/GM is going to be something most good candidates will want to put up with.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

We hire the right GM and the right HC this cycle and make it to the playoffs in 3 years like Detroit did with MCDC.

Just to be a contrarian to everyone else in this place.

I'm a fan of the options in the cycle and think we could hit with the coaching.  

My optimistic side (for next year):

• The coaching circus ends with this hire.  We get a no shenanigans guy ready to build something legit.  They figure out a workable dynamic between Tepper, management and coaching bc it's a no nonsense type of hire at GM and HC (Macdonald plz)
  • They end up building an elite defense in short order
  • We finally hit on a mid-round pick for the first time in forever-- a new snazzy pass rusher
  • We also land a breakout RB that comes out of nowhere

My pessimistic side:

• Bryce's performance next year will be a mixed bag with some bad and good that will heavily divide the fanbase going into 2025.  It will feel like purgatory.
  • Because of this, our WR room will still not feel right.  Could see us landing a guy who's already a legit route runner like Worthy, McMillan or Corley who's the one promising WR on the team. 
  • The OL will still struggle -- not the worst but probably in that 20-25th ranking.  I don't think Icky recovers, LT & LG re-emerge as big needs (again)

Will probably manage a 4-6 win season with some stuff to be hopeful about but a lot of question marks.

I anticipate a lot of new faces that aren't yet here becoming the new team core.  Brown is the only guy here yet that would be in that group come 2025.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

I'm a fan of the options in the cycle and think we could hit with the coaching.  

My optimistic side (for next year):

• The coaching circus ends with this hire.  We get a no shenanigans guy ready to build something legit.  They figure out a workable dynamic between Tepper, management and coaching bc it's a no nonsense type of hire at GM and HC (Macdonald plz)
  • They end up building an elite defense in short order
  • We finally hit on a mid-round pick for the first time in forever-- a new snazzy pass rusher
  • We also land a breakout RB that comes out of nowhere

My pessimistic side:

• Bryce's performance next year will be a mixed bag with some bad and good that will heavily divide the fanbase going into 2025.  It will feel like purgatory.
  • Because of this, our WR room will still not feel right.  Could see us landing a guy who's already a legit route runner like Worthy, McMillan or Corley who's the one promising WR on the team. 
  • The OL will still struggle -- not the worst but probably in that 20-25th ranking.  I don't think Icky recovers, LT & LG re-emerge as big needs (again)

Will probably manage a 4-6 win season with some stuff to be hopeful about but a lot of question marks.

I anticipate a lot of new faces that aren't yet here becoming the new team core.  Brown is the only guy here yet that would be in that group come 2025.  

I am worried that our very small core group will have defections in free agency to have a chance at success elsewhere. Brown we can control to an extent with the tag but Luvu can simply just go elsewhere if he so chooses. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I am worried that our very small core group will have defections in free agency to have a chance at success elsewhere. Brown we can control to an extent with the tag but Luvu can simply just go elsewhere if he so chooses. 

Yep-- I think a lot end up leaving. 

Can totally see Luvu signing with a contender, becoming a household name elsewhere.  Chinn is good as gone per his end of season interview.  Could also see Woods and/or Vonn wanting something else even though they're under contract

Some willing casualties being Donte, Burns, & Shaq

We'll basically have Brown (& maybe Horn) on defense with just Bryce on offense to build with.

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Yep-- I think a lot end up leaving. 

Can totally see Luvu signing with a contender, becoming a household name elsewhere.  Chinn is good as gone per his end of season interview.  Could also see Woods and/or Vonn wanting something else even though they're under contract

Some willing casualties being Donte, Burns, & Shaq

We'll basically have Brown (& maybe Horn) on defense with just Bryce on offense to build with.

Yeah, think about how much talent bolted from Cleveland or Cincy during their laughingstock years. That's how that can sometimes work.