• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young was sacked 62 times

Shocker

42 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

That's fine. I didn't think the Panthers should have traded up for any of them because the team wasn't good enough yet.

I have a problem with Panthers fans slurping CJ and crapping on Bryce when the situations are not equal. 

Stroud would still be the superior player if the situations were equal.

It has already been proven many times over that Bryce did not in fact have the worst OL in the league. 

Bryce was given the benefit of the doubt but about 9 games in of 25/44 134 yards we got fed up with the bullshit. 

We can all see his ceiling is an Alex Smith and that is not good enough in todays league and definitely not worth what we gave up for him. 

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1

10 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Stroud would still be the superior player if the situations were equal.

It has already been proven many times over that Bryce did not in fact have the worst OL in the league. 

Bryce was given the benefit of the doubt but about 9 games in of 25/44 134 yards we got fed up with the bullshit. 

We can all see his ceiling is an Alex Smith and that is not good enough in todays league and definitely not worth what we gave up for him. 

What you fail to acknowledge is that while we didn't have the worst Oline in the league it was one of the worst especially when you look at just the OG position. You combine that with slow WRs who arent getting separation and a scheme that isn't doing anyone on offense any favors and its very easy to see how a young QB struggled in his first year here. I wish football was all about just one position or position group but it isn't. You look at the good offenses in the NFL and they put their players in position to succeed and all 11 players are doing their part consistently. The Panthers had 0 consistency from any player not named Thielen on offense last year. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

What you fail to acknowledge is that while we didn't have the worst Oline in the league it was one of the worst especially when you look at just the OG position. You combine that with slow WRs who arent getting separation and a scheme that isn't doing anyone on offense any favors and its very easy to see how a young QB struggled in his first year here. I wish football was all about just one position or position group but it isn't. You look at the good offenses in the NFL and they put their players in position to succeed and all 11 players are doing their part consistently. The Panthers had 0 consistency from any player not named Thielen on offense last year. 

Excuses

• Pie 3

Oline wasn’t the worst in the league? For context- most metrics have them ranked around 29/30. No it’s not 32 but that’s on par with the worst in franchise history which was 2021 (31). Cam’s own Chandler and Bell lineup came in at 23/24, and Cam’s career average oline rank was 16/17, seems people were pretty upset about that. Franchise sack record. Second record for any first overall rookie QB pick in NFL history. Very, very teams have fielded a bottom 5 oline twice in a three year span. I didn’t go back to a five year span but I’d bet money the Panthers would have or be very close to having the worst average oline during that time in the entire league.

Bryce also fumbled the ball 11 times this year, and he's in pretty bad company in regards to that, with the exception of Lamar Jackson but let's not pretend he's comparable. 

Sam Howell who was sacked more often only fumbled four times. 

For comparison, Kyle Allen fumbled 7 times in 13 games and this was considered completely unacceptable. 

• Pie 1

On 1/21/2024 at 10:27 AM, onmyown said:

Oline wasn’t the worst in the league? For context- most metrics have them ranked around 29/30. No it’s not 32 but that’s on par with the worst in franchise history which was 2021 (31). Cam’s own Chandler and Bell lineup came in at 23/24, and Cam’s career average oline rank was 16/17, seems people were pretty upset about that. Franchise sack record. Second record for any first overall rookie QB pick in NFL history. Very, very teams have fielded a bottom 5 oline twice in a three year span. I didn’t go back to a five year span but I’d bet money the Panthers would have or be very close to having the worst average oline during that time in the entire league.

Two metrics already listed here, pocket time and time to throw, have the OL ranked at 6th and 14th. Not that bad. Once you start buying into PFF’s subjective rankings then maybe it drops.