• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Playoffs Divisional Round - Games Thread

3 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

True, he could implode. They just seem like a very complete team. They already dog walked the 49ers and I'd trust Lamar (or any of the AFC QBs left) over Purdy. I thought Purdy was pretty bad today and the 49ers always seem to get their QB exposed (or hurt) in the NFCCG or SB recently. 

They're gonna have to implode because damn, they look DOMINANT in the trenches and if you can control the LOS on both sides of the ball you're HARD to beat. That's what separates the blue blood teams in college. They rarely ever lose in the regular season because they dominate the LOS every week.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why do y'all care who wins these games? Just let it go and just watch for the love of the game. Trust me, it makes for a lot more entertainment and a lot less stress. This season has made me remember the joys of just being a general NFL fan. Yeah, you don't get the super high highs of being a fan of a team doing well but we're Panthers fans here. Do we actually have any realistic hope of that in the near future? Just watch for the entertaining the game and let the results go. 

I don't really care that much but it makes it more entertaining when you have a team to root for. I usually root for whichever team hasn't won a super bowl before or the team that has connections to the Panthers.

So of the remaining teams, I'm pulling for the Bills, Lion, or 49ers. 

Seeing the Chiefs win again would be boring that may be the only outcome Id not like. 

If the Cheifs win again they're basically the new Patriots

Edited by Hoenheim

2 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

That being said, I think they over achieved for it being Jordan Love's first season starting. If they had actually won this game (easily could have imo if their kicker doesnt miss that field goal and they get a field goal on that last drive to win) and gotten the NFC CG, that wouldve have been bonkers for such a young team and a QB starting his first year. 

Yeah, I can see that. But ending on that note is rough. Seeing your QB go out with such a brutal decision is rough.

2 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I don't really care that much but it makes it more entertaining when you have a team to root for. I usually root for whichever team hasn't won a super bowl before or the team that has connections to the Panthers.

So of the remaining teams, I'm pulling for the Bills, Lion, or 49ers. 

Seeing the Chiefs win again would be boring that may be the only outcome Id not like. 

If the Cheifs win again they're basically the new Patriots

What if the Bucs and Ravens win though?

Its gonna be so bizzare if the buccaneers make the NFC CG in a  year where they were it looked like Baker Mayfield was actively losing the pre season QB battle and  almost everyone universally picked them to finish last in the NFC South.

Looking to tomorrow...this is IT for the Bills, right? If I'm a part of that org I'm thinking we HAVE to win this game or it's curtains for us with the current regime. They looked dead and buried halfway through the season and resurrected themselves, which is great, but this is like the entire franchise is on the line tomorrow. In my mind, at least..

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

What if the Bucs and Ravens win though?

Id feel kind of indifferent I guess. I don't have any real connection to either team other than the Bucs being in our division. 

But the Bucs have already won 2 super bowls. Them winning another one would be surprising but I wouldn't personally be mad. Baker was incredibly bad when he was playing in a Panthers uniform. Whether you want to blame him or the coaches/gm or what have you, thats up to debate I guess. 

1 minute ago, Moonraker said:

Looking to tomorrow...this is IT for the Bills, right? If I'm a part of that org I'm thinking we HAVE to win this game or it's curtains for us with the current regime. They looked dead and buried halfway through the season and resurrected themselves, which is great, but this is like the entire franchise is on the line tomorrow. In my mind, at least..

I'm cheering hard for the Bills and the Lions.  I almost got as hyped to see that Josh Allen long TD run as I did when I saw Cam do something similar to the Buccaneers in his rookie season I think. 

Edited by Hoenheim

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I can see that. But ending on that note is rough. Seeing your QB go out with such a brutal decision is rough.

It had to have been a predetermined throw. No way in hell he thought that had a chance.

2 minutes ago, jopie87 said:

After watching the Ravens on TV and the 49ers in person tlday, the 49ers better hope like hell the Ravens forget how to play because otherwise the Ravens beat them by 30 

The 49ers still have to get past either the Lions or the Bucs.

The Ravens still have to get past either the Bills or the Chiefs.

The Super Bowl matchup is far from set.