• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pretty confident its gonna be Dan Morgan GM

Frank9999

is Dan Morgan the one who is going to hire the next HC? 

well no David Tepper is

so of course yeah that right there alone tells me that D. Morgan  is going to be nothing more than another one of David Tepper's yes men  ....just saying 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I've seen this thrown around like it's logical. The point you fail to see is that in Beane's tenure here, regardless of what people think of him, Hurney was a good evaluator of talent. Hurney knew talent. His 1st round pick rate was one of the best in the league. He had a good teacher. Dan had Fitt boy...so no I do not want anyone from this previous regime.

Well it is logical. Fitterer isn’t the only person Morgan has ever worked with, and just because you work with someone who failed and got fired doesn’t mean you will repeat the same mistakes. The world is literally full of people who get promoted into positions that their predecessor was fired from. Assistant GMs, Assistant Coaches, Assistant Managers, Vice Presidents, etc. They aren’t all successes and they aren’t all failures. Unless somebody has some insider knowledge that Morgan was in Fitterers ear giving bad advice the whole time, I’m not sure why you would automatically assume he would be a train wreck.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, Shocker said:

If he was there and didn’t have input then why was he there to begin with?  He was at least involved with basically destroying the teams talent base and I am done with that

I honestly have no clue what anybody’s responsibilities and levels of input were. Is there even a general consensus on duties of an assistant GM or is it entirely case by case? Legit question I have no fugging clue. Some people think Tepper overrode everybody on everything, and if that’s the case how can we make any educated guesses about anybody. Not saying that’s what happened, just think we should take a step back and be honest with ourselves that we really know jack poo.

9 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

No it’s not .

Yes it is and if you think otherwise you are kinda are probably one of those people who think Ben Johnson being from NC means any damn thing or Wilks coming home is a reason we should hire him. History with a team doesn't mean a damn thing and doesn't make you worthy of being a GM. Morgan is from a failed regime. Hiring him is just continuing the suck.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Extremely pointless 

You don’t think being GM of the team you established your all time place in the NFL has anymore significance than an other  job around the league?  You know it does. I have a feeling Dans wanted this job for a long time.

It’s the same reason Wilks here as HC would be a different coach elsewhere.  Dan was Luke before Luke, he was an incredibly smart player. If he interviews well and has a sound plan for the team I’m all for giving him a shot.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I honestly have no clue what anybody’s responsibilities and levels of input were. Is there even a general consensus on duties of an assistant GM or is it entirely case by case? Legit question I have no fugging clue. Some people think Tepper overrode everybody on everything, and if that’s the case how can we make any educated guesses about anybody. Not saying that’s what happened, just think we should take a step back and be honest with ourselves that we really know jack poo.

In corporate America there are always receipts.  

3 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Yes it is and if you think otherwise you are kinda are probably one of those people who think Ben Johnson being from NC means any damn thing or Wilks coming home is a reason we should hire him. History with a team doesn't mean a damn thing and doesn't make you worthy of being a GM. Morgan is from a failed regime. Hiring him is just continuing the suck.

Yeah but Wilks had us a JC Horn injury away from the playoffs. And Reich allegedly had all the answers with an all star staff and proved to be a loser. 

Edited by OneBadCat
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, Mage said:

I mean Dan Morgan worked under Brandon Beane in Buffalo for the same amount of years.  Why are we putting all the Fitt blame on him but none of the Beane credit?

Nobody really knows how much influence Morgan may or may not have had.  And I'm not saying that to say it would be a great hire or people shouldn't be frustrated.  Just think it wouldn't be right to act like Morgan would be a guaranteed disaster.  It is hard to tell.

We don’t know but just like last year when everyone blamed every bad move on Rhule, people were saying oh Fitt just needs a chance because we don’t know.

Well, now we know and instead of just hoping Morgan might be good let’s just find a good candidate.

This board just loves familiarity but let’s be honest, this GM/scouting team has done so little right that we can’t even say maybe Morgan chose X. We have nothing from 2021-2023 that tells us if Morgan did anything good so why not go with a non-ex panther and non-Tepper buddy to get some drafting expertise we so desperately need. There are plenty of candidates that were part of good drafting teams. Morgan was not part of a good drafting team. He was a part of a GM duo who’ve had 3 shitty drafts.

• Pie 1

Funny that you responded with this...

22 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

You don’t think being GM of the team you established your all time place in the NFL has anymore significance than an other  job around the league?  You know it does. I have a feeling Dans wanted this job for a long time.

It’s the same reason Wilks here as HC would be a different coach elsewhere.  Dan was Luke before Luke, he was an incredibly smart player. If he interviews well and has a sound plan for the team I’m all for giving him a shot.

...right after someone else had already posted this 

24 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

And no, coming back to a team you were part of does not make you a better candidate for a job. Nor do any other sentimental considerations.

All that matters is ability.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Funny that you responded with this...

...right after someone else had already posted this 

And no, coming back to a team you were part of does not make you a better candidate for a job. Nor do any other sentimental considerations.

All that matters is ability.

Yeah I read and immediately responded to it with quotation.  Because ironically Wilks was better than who Tepper brought in with his holier than thou decision making. 

Morgan has the pedigree to be GM and was there to establish the successful years in Seattle and the Bills program with Allen. And the man obviously wants to be here and see the Panthers win because he was one. You guys are full of poo on this one. 

Edited by OneBadCat

3 hours ago, bandu said:

is Dan Morgan the one who is going to hire the next HC? 

well no David Tepper is

so of course yeah that right there alone tells me that D. Morgan  is going to be nothing more than another one of David Tepper's yes men  ....just saying 

Face facts. Tepper isn't going to let anyone run the show besides him. He won't hire a GM or a HC that doesn't genuflect to him. It doesn't matter who he hires because he will still be pulling the strings.

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Yeah I read and immediately responded to it with quotation.  Because ironically Wilks was better than who Tepper brought in with his holier than thou decision making. 

Morgan has the pedigree to be GM and was there to establish the successful years in Seattle and the Bills program with Allen. And the man obviously wants to be here and see the Panthers win because he was one. You guys are full of poo on this one. 

Know who else played here, really wanted to come back here and had a pedigree to win?

Frank Reich

It guarantees nothing.