• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

@Mr. Scotany chance you have the Time and mental capacity to make a thread with connections that the 2nd interview dudes have for potential staff?

I love / hate them when you do it. Love the content, hate that we sucked so bad we had to hit reset again. Lmao. 

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

The Lions had an ownership change of sorts in 2020 when Sheila Hamp Ford took over from her mother. She came in with a clear plan to turn the franchise around. What do we have here?

We have Nicole Tepper, elite talent evaaluator.

Nicole And David At Panther's Ground

• Flames 1

33 minutes ago, jayflip said:

@Mr. Scotany chance you have the Time and mental capacity to make a thread with connections that the 2nd interview dudes have for potential staff?

I love / hate them when you do it. Love the content, hate that we sucked so bad we had to hit reset again. Lmao. 

Michael Scott No GIF

40 minutes ago, jayflip said:

Will try this week...

Combo of busy / not feeling well has been affecting me for a bit.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

Albert Breer on Brian Callahan...

Brian Callahan is in high demand, and anyone who’s been around the Bengals offensive coordinator knows why. So I’d say it’s not surprising at all that he’s gotten through the first round of interviews in Tennessee, Carolina and Atlanta, in the first year he’s been seen as a candidate for, more or less, every job.

Now, obviously, there’s a lot of talent in his unit. With that established, he’s coached Joe Burrow (who swears by him), been able to balance touches-egos in a loaded skill group with Ja’Marr Chase, Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd, overseen the complete, on-the-fly overhaul of an offensive line and, this year, managed a major quarterback injury in keeping his group competitive with a backup who was starting for the first time.

Add to that his pedigree (his dad is Browns line coach Bill Callahan), the fact that he came up coaching and having to earn the respect of quarterbacks such as Peyton Manning and Matthew Stafford, and you’ll understand why a lot of Callahan’s colleagues would approve of him landing one of these jobs. Including his current boss.

“He’s as ready for this as anyone can be,” Bengals coach Zac Taylor texted Sunday. “He’s made an enormous impact on our team, and I’ve learned a ton from him because of the experience he brought to our team from other places he’s been and the success he’s had over his career. Whoever hires him won’t regret it, and we will have big shoes to fill.”

1 hour ago, Evil Hurney said:

I don't think they've satisfied the Rooney Rule. So he should be able to take another interview while the Titans work on that.

Interestingly enough, it was just announced they interviewed Shaw tonight in person. That’s at least 1 RR interview right there. I simply have a hard time believing David Shaw is in serious contention for an NFL HC job right now. Titans could be eager to make a hire this week and maybe it’s Callahan. Puts us in a precarious spot since I assume we’re waiting out on Johnson.

3 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Interestingly enough, it was just announced they interviewed Shaw tonight in person. That’s at least 1 RR interview right there. I simply have a hard time believing David Shaw is in serious contention for an NFL HC job right now. Titans could be eager to make a hire this week and maybe it’s Callahan. Puts us in a precarious spot since I assume we’re waiting out on Johnson.

I still wouldn’t panic if that’s what transpires. Gets a job filled and out of the way. Get Seattle settled and then it’s a 3 way race between us, Atlanta, and Washington and I still like the odds of landing someone good

• Pie 1

Basically, it seems like the Titans could be positioning themselves to make a hire this week. And we could lose out on Callahan while waiting for others. But honestly I’m fine with that. I’m not even sure he’s one of my five favorite candidates right now (Johnson, Slowik, Canales, Morris, Macdonald)

1 minute ago, Steelo said:

I still wouldn’t panic if that’s what transpires. Gets a job filled and out of the way. Get Seattle settled and then it’s a 3 way race between us, Atlanta, and Washington and I still like the odds of landing someone good

Totally agree. We definitely seemed overeager to make a hire last year. We need to be patient this time

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Albert Breer on Brian Callahan...

Brian Callahan is in high demand, and anyone who’s been around the Bengals offensive coordinator knows why. So I’d say it’s not surprising at all that he’s gotten through the first round of interviews in Tennessee, Carolina and Atlanta, in the first year he’s been seen as a candidate for, more or less, every job.

Now, obviously, there’s a lot of talent in his unit. With that established, he’s coached Joe Burrow (who swears by him), been able to balance touches-egos in a loaded skill group with Ja’Marr Chase, Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd, overseen the complete, on-the-fly overhaul of an offensive line and, this year, managed a major quarterback injury in keeping his group competitive with a backup who was starting for the first time.

Add to that his pedigree (his dad is Browns line coach Bill Callahan), the fact that he came up coaching and having to earn the respect of quarterbacks such as Peyton Manning and Matthew Stafford, and you’ll understand why a lot of Callahan’s colleagues would approve of him landing one of these jobs. Including his current boss.

“He’s as ready for this as anyone can be,” Bengals coach Zac Taylor texted Sunday. “He’s made an enormous impact on our team, and I’ve learned a ton from him because of the experience he brought to our team from other places he’s been and the success he’s had over his career. Whoever hires him won’t regret it, and we will have big shoes to fill.”

I'm not surprised he's getting some love. I mean, Jake Browning looked like Joe Burrow lite out there and no one would've predicted that.

• Pie 1