• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Regarding the Morgan hire...

Don't get me wrong y'all, I FULLY realize my Dan Morgan hopes are highly likely just full blown cope but dammit I'm a Panthers fan. This is what we do. This is OUR TIME. It's the off-season. The time of hope when we aren't seeing our team get beat to poo on the field and dealing with the reality that our hopes were always copium. So yeah, dammit I'm gonna hope that one of our former great players and the QB of the defense in our first SB appearance is gonna end up being one helluva GM and be bullheaded enough to go up against Tepper and be right enough often enough to make Tepper realize he needs to take a back seat and let this guy cook. Because honestly that's all we've got right now. So fug it, let's get our hopes up and set the table up for disappointment again.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

IDK personally, seems tactless but a reality of the NFL on many levels. Dan signed up for what he is about to do. If it's that bad then it's earned and if it is then it is what it is. No one stopped people from calling Frittters a fat idiot for a ban, and he was that actually. Like I get the cheap reactionary shot ban (all emotion and zero logic/facts). 1 year ago a regular member of this board that now supports Morgan was also saying he wouldn't do his bro like that because they were so close even on the family level that he wouldn't take the interim job. It's pandemonium in Pantherland and attacking poor Dan is not what IGAF about at this point. So I guess what I am saying is I will enjoy your bans when they happen and just attack Dan for the crappy job he has done and looks to do in the future. Keep pounded

Edited by Waldo

I have exactly as much hope in Morgan as anyone they could bring in. Clean house sounds great I guess but isn't practical.

If you say you don't know what he did then you don't read about the team

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Just FYI: We have people claim that on here frequently. Some are legitimate, others are full of sh-t.

Hope you won't take offense. None is meant.

Not at all. Rather be upfront about it. Will gladly eat the crow if the bridge is burned. Like I said, if not for Person strongly hinting at it I wouldn’t have given it the same validity. I’m sure if it turns out true it’ll be announced after KC’s season ends

Until Tepper makes a move that doesn't keep this franchise drafting in the top 5, any move he makes should be judged with a large amount of skepticism. Dan Morgan gets to prove that either he is a capable hire or just another yes man. Balls in his court. Let's see who the new HC is.

11 minutes ago, Woody26 said:

Not at all. Rather be upfront about it. Will gladly eat the crow if the bridge is burned. Like I said, if not for Person strongly hinting at it I wouldn’t have given it the same validity. I’m sure if it turns out true it’ll be announced after KC’s season ends

Could be. I know NFL rules don't put the same timing limitations on executives that they do coaches. Might be held back as a courtesy so as not to distract from the playoffs though.

Edited by Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

Until Tepper makes a move that doesn't keep this franchise drafting in the top 5, any move he makes should be judged with a large amount of skepticism. Dan Morgan gets to prove that either he is a capable hire or just another yes man. Balls in his court. Let's see who the new HC is.

I wish we were drafing top 5

4 hours ago, 4Corners said:

This was a very predictable and uninspiring hire. I don’t see how anyone can be excited by this. It’s not like we plucked him from Philly or SF. He had his input on designing arguably the worst team in history and probably signed off on many of the idiotic and poor roster moves the past year. 

yes, he deserves a fair shot now that he obviously passed the very vigorous hiring process but prove me wrong. 

He's every bit as qualified as anyone you can name. There is no reason to hate on this hire.  

3 hours ago, RevJ said:

The best case scenario we could find out about Morgan would be if he spoke against a generationally small pick at #1, banged the drum for Tank Dell in the second round, and his blood pressure  skyrocketed to stroke levels when they picked DJ Johnson (much less traded up).

Worst case, and probably more likely is Tepper knows he can use Morgan as his yes man/fall guy while he and Nicole continue to play house.

Morgan isn't a yes man. 

During Rivera's first few years when he was making bone headed decisions, I never saw anyone say 'This guy might have CTE'. Nobody said it about Dan Campbell, John Lynch etc. Its not something that seems to come up when it comes to coaches/GMs, unless I'm missing something. 

That being said, I agree as a principal that people should not be making fun of head injuries, but where is the line when posters on this board body shammed Matt Rhule for 3 years, (Fat Fhule)  they body shammed Fitt and his chin for 3 years, Horn is 'made of glass' etc etc. Someone the other day said Nicole was going to divorce Tepper and take half his money and the team from him. 

• Flames 1