• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we going to sign Luvu back hopefully?

Anybody heard anything? Is there a rule for when we can begin negotiating now that Morgan is the GM? Can he start now? He and Brown are two good pieces that could be built around. If Horn would stay healthy I would say he as well but that doesn't appear to be the case so at least Luvu and Brown should be faces of that defense for a very long time.

34 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Morgan will be judged by this decision and the DB decision.  If he hands BB a massive contract then it's proof that nothing has changed in BOA.

I personally dont want Burns back for what Burns wants pay wise. If he decides to not be paid like top 3 at his position then consider it but as of now I hope he has no interest in signing Burns back at what I was seeing thrown around as his asking price.

Edited by Ricky Prickles
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Ricky Prickles said:

I personally dont want Burns back for what Burns wants pay wise. If he decides to not be paid like top 3 at his position then consider it but as of now I hope he has no interest in Signing Burns back at what I was seeing thrown around as his asking price.

Burns should not be part of the future here. But we all know he will get a huge contract from Tepper (the real GM).

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Burns should not be part of the future here. But we all know he will get a huge contract from Tepper (the real GM).

And that will be a HUGE mistake and dig us even deeper in the hole if done. I cant imagine breaking the bank on Burns. What a nightmare. If we do that, I could see us signing Burns for big money and letting Luvu walk and Brown eventually walking too. I hope Tepper is not the true GM and Dan Morgan puts him in his place. Morgan is a tough guy and hoping he still retains that tough guy not let the boss push him around attitude around Tepper.

• Poo 1

Trade Burns for picks, re-sign Luvu, extend Brown, try to get Horn to sign something like a 2 year extension at a reasonable number to see if he can stay healthy and play at a high level (it would be beneficial to both sides as playing out the season carries risk for both parties pending his ability to stay healthy).

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Luvu is the one player that actually played like he cared and embodied the Keep Pounding Mantra as a LB. Tag Burns, if he signs else where then we get a 1st round pick which is more valuable to help the offense. Burn's 8 sacks this year didn't do anything for us, but we could have used 8 more TDs on offense this year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

If anyone should be paid a decent chunk of change, it should be him. He has the qualities of a leader to build around. Keep Brown around and pray Glass Horn can make it a full season and we'll be sitting alright on D. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Luvu is the one player that actually played like he cared and embodied the Keep Pounding Mantra as a LB. Tag Burns, if he signs else where then we get a 1st round pick which is more valuable to help the offense. Burn's 8 sacks this year didn't do anything for us, but we could have used 8 more TDs on offense this year. 

Derrick Brown too. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1