• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales Hire Temperature Gauge

How do you feel about the Canales Hire?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Canales Hire?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • Indifferent

26 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

These are not the same receivers Brady had year one in Tampa. Chris Godwin coming off an ACL tear, Mike Evans at the 30 or over mark, no AB.  They had a decent cast around Baker but nothing more. 

We have not much decent in house and Morgan's evaluation skills have been very questionable in his time here. The Bucs put up 30 in 2 games against us and we had the 29th scoring D (that's 24 a game on average).

I would take the Bucs WRs over ours any day. They had 2+ 1000 yard WRs and we had Thielen who just cracked 1000 near retirement and next was Chark at 525. And Godwin had 10 more yards coming off that injury than Thielen. 

We hired a guy to fix one position instead of somebody to change the culture because they won’t admit they made the wrong pick. 

We are really going to credit him for fixing Baker when all that really happened was Baker went to a better situation with Chris Godwin, Mike Evans and a good OL. Hell Baker looked great with the rams 2 weeks after we cut him last season.

He gets credit for fixing Geno who didn’t throw a pass for like 7 years, and the last time he threw a pass before being the Hawks starter was in like 2014 for Rex Ryan’s Jets.

Edited by ProcessBlue2
  • Pie 1

As I said in another thread before we made the hire. Everyone looked at the current state of our franchise as a bad thing as far as finding a coach I looked at it as a good thing because we could give a young hungry coach with something to prove an opportunity (especially minority candidates) and that's EXACTLY what we end up doing!! So me personally I'm excited, if any of you watched the video of him in the other thread you can see him get emotional on the podium because Todd Bolwes gave him the OPPORTUNITY to prove himself after getting passed over in Seattle I feel he's gonna bring that same attitude here!! #keeppounding

Indifferent. 

I've been burnt too many times by this franchise. Said I was done after the CMC trade and yet I still stuck around and watched every game. The run at the end of the season gave me a semblance of hope. Trading up to number 1 led to being a prisoner of the moment and relit that little flame of optimism. 

I spent most of last March-August wearing rose colored homer glasses and huffing copium living in a world I that turned out to be nothing more than delusions. "All Star staff" "Super Processor" "Steph Curry of the NFL" "Doesn't need a number 1 WR because he's a distributor"  

I've learned over the last 2 years my connection to this team is much more sentimental and emotional due to memories with my dad over the past 20 years rather than any player, coach, GM or even owner. Those memories I'll cherish forever so I'll always be a Carolina Panthers fan, but my days of blind optimism are long gone.

They haven't earned that back and frankly don't deserve it. 

Hope the hire works out. Won't be surprised if it doesn't. 

• Beer 2

The more I think about it...I think they just hired the Young of OCs lol. So much hype but when you break it down it will be looked back as a 'why didn't anyone see that obvious stuff, like it was right there but all that hype'

Edited by Waldo

1 minute ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

We hired a guy to fix one position instead of somebody to change the culture because they won’t admit they made the wrong pick. 

We are really going to credit him for fixing Baker when all that really happened was Baker went to a better situation with Chris Godwin, Mike Evans and a good OL. Hell Baker looked great with the rams 2 weeks after we cut him last season.

He gets credit for fixing Geno who didn’t throw a pass for like 7 years, and the last time he threw a pass before being the Hawks starter was in like 2014 for Rex Ryan’s Jets.

His buddy that he took with him to Tampa Bay and is likely our next OC, Brad Idzik got his start because his father John was fired as the Jets GM and went to Seattle with Schnieder, Fitterer, Morgan and co and got his son a job on the coaching staff as an assistant.

I might not go quite as far as you but I will say I don't think hiring a coach primarily because of one particular player is a good strategy.

What happens if that player doesn't work out? Even if he does, what if others don't? 

Plus you'd like to expect that the coach will be around longer than the player.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lukewarm...

I'm not so much against the candidate as I am worried about the process that led to his hiring.

Considering who the owner is, the Panthers are fortunate they could find anyone in the NFL who would  take the job.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There were changes made. Brown was one. Reich had no experience or connection with him at all.

Tepper saw what the Giants did, and also saw what Rhule did by hiring all his buddies, and overcorrected.

So he changed.  That's promising.  Maybe he will keep changing/adapting?

I like that Caneles is a young and offensive minded HC
That he has a track record of helping QBs preform to best of their abilities
The relation between Canales and Morgan and hope that it will pay off in building the right roster
That we didn't hire a rethread HC that was booted out else where

Worries

If he will call plays while having to learn the role of HC
If he is a strong enough person to withstand Teppers ideas and suggestions
If he can handle the stage and the growing pains as this roster is rebuild starting with o-line, WR and TE's

27 minutes ago, RockyTopVol said:

One of my best friends is a lifelong Bucs fan. He is really upset about this. He badly wanted Canales as their next HC. He said their message boards are freaking out right now. 

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

• Pie 1