• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official: Panthers hire Canales

Mr. Scot

Overall I like the hire in the aspect that Dave wants to be here and frankly I don’t see Morgan working well with someone like Ben Johnson who (I’m paraphrasing here) wants to be choosey and perfect. Morgan worked with Canales yes but I don’t picture Dan and a ”I guess I’ll work here” coach working well.

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

The price for firing Frank in his first season. Tepper-Tax.

You could almost say Canales got Tepper by the cajones with such a long contract and likely big payout if/when he gets fired mid-season.

• Poo 1

31 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

And we thought having a rich owner was a good thing. He can just throw money at whoever he decides to gamble on and if he doesn't like what they're doing he'll can them.  Also doesn't sound like he's taking a back seat at all lol. "Something of a buffer"

So the stupid weekly meetings will probably continue. Great.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

My wife already made comments beginning of the  week when I showed her pictures of him after the Morgan announcement 🙄

same. I showed 2 female co-workers and then my wife when I got home. They're all happy with the hire lol.

Saw where he thanked Bucs and would be pulling for them 15 weeks out of the season.  

Soooooo , , ,  if we are in the final weeks of a season and have already played the Bucs twice but are a game behind for division title - he'd be pulling for Bucs to win and stay ahead of us????

• Poo 1