• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doubling down on Young. I don't like it. We NEED Young insurance.

top dawg

Dave Canales was able to get Baker to put up 4000 yards and 28td's to 10 int's. If he doesn't think Bryce has the ability to run the offense he wants to run, then I'd be all for going and getting Sam Howell from the Commanders. 

If you actually want to win you better have a plan B. Half way into next season if no improvement you give Bryce the cane and move on. Maybe a backup.

If you are trying to prove you're right you just roll with Bryce for another 2-3 years...

32 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Sure. Sounds like a winning idea but we will not do that. Watch. 

They are all in on this QB. Funny that as an investment banker Tepper is making a classic investor blunder in doubling down on a bad bet. But, I guess Young is just a "distressed asset." 

Too bad we aren’t getting any bailouts.

Idk yet, still new to me so I cannot automatically assume one way or another what they will do.  I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen... like drafting legit TE help over the past 3 seasons. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

Dave Canales was able to get Baker to put up 4000 yards and 28td's to 10 int's. If he doesn't think Bryce has the ability to run the offense he wants to run, then I'd be all for going and getting Sam Howell from the Commanders. 

As much as the fanbase would hate it... I don't hate this idea as much.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Steelo said:

As much as the fanbase would hate it... I don't hate this idea as much.

I'm still a Bryce guy but Sam Howell is an absolutely perfect fit for the offense that Canales ran in Tampa this year. Dude throw's a great deep ball but he needs to control some of his erratic play and taking so many sacks but to be fair the Commanders had an awful Oline last year. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Nope. If he shitts the bed in 2024, you go QB in the next draft. If he is bad again, the draft pick will be top ten. Teams needs Oline, WR, Edge rusher in draft and FA.

The 2025 draft class is looking suspect.

• Pie 1

Other than a cheap vet FA or a very late round flyer or UDFA, no more QBs this year. No trades. No attempt at a top shelf FA. No day 1 or 2 draft picks.

Intention should absolutely be to see if we can get something (performance-wise) out of this pick that we fuggin paid so much for with a new coaching staff.

Then next year see what, if anything, can be done to get another one.

But we are at the beginning of a several year process to make us really competitive. We roll with who we've got this year and focus coaching on Bryce and building up the parts around him.

10 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Nope. If he shitts the bed in 2024, you go QB in the next draft. If he is bad again, the draft pick will be top ten. Teams needs Oline, WR, Edge rusher in draft and FA.

Deep WR draft so I'm confident on being able to build that room, OL is shaky to me so far you have really good guys and then a chasm and then alright guys. Hopefully the Senior Bowl can alleviate some of the worry there. Should be some later round Edge guys that are decent.  Unlikely to spend the entire draft and FA periods on those 3 positions though.  Should evaluate from top to bottom and chip away.  if QB ends up one of the places they address later in the process then so be it.

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Then we wait 2 years and take advantage of other options until then. Hopefully we won't need to do that.

Just imagine the 2026 draft the panthers have the 1st overall pick and Bryce is a confirmed bust and the Manning family tells Tepper to kick rocks and that Arch will not play for him. Just imagine the huddle melt down🤣

2 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

Just imagine the 2026 draft the panthers have the 1st overall pick and Bryce is a confirmed bust and the Manning family tells Tepper to kick rocks and that Arch will not play for him. Just imagine the huddle melt down🤣

I'd call their bluff and draft him anways. "Make his preferred team trade for him."

• Beer 1

So I don't think we should reach for a QB with our 2nd rnd pick, but if one falls to us, I do think we take them. 

However in general I think we need to get people in to push BY in camp, and while I don't think we abandon him, I think he's got a shorter leash...