• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Introductory Press Conference

Just now, Daeavorn said:

Good no more trading up

Yep, saw one mock where we traded back at 33 for 2nd round picks and thought that was great too. If there is a giant batch of WR's available (which almost every mock shows in R2) gamble and try and get two of them. Or get OL and WR.

• Flames 1

12 minutes ago, exactlyzack said:

I think you can add Luvu as well. Him and Brown should be the foundation pieces of our defense.

I think Luvu is a really good player.  I don't consider Luvu an attitude/not nice dude between the lines.    

Ron had some dudes.   That's the last time we had players that had a real edge to them IMO.  Brown got some in him but I just don't see it elsewhere.  You need a mix.  Our recipe has been missing those types. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I think Luvu is a really good player.  I don't consider Luvu an attitude/not nice dude between the lines. 

He's not a player who pushes the lines or anything.  But everything about him is tough and setting the tone for the defense.

Opposite of Brian.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

He's not a player who pushes the lines or anything.  But everything about him is tough and setting the tone for the defense.

Opposite of Brian.

When you compare Burns to his peers there is a stark contrast. I want the Crosby, Hutchinson, Watt, Bosa types. The hungry animals that are in on every play, super high motor, constant disruption 

Edited by 0kBoomer
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, jamos14 said:

Opposite of Brian.

I don' think you have to be a line crosser.   Cam brought it.  Luke did.  Thomas Davis did.  They were not pleasant people on the football field.   And they probably weren't pleasant to teammates who opted to phone it on. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Opposite of Brian.

Luvu is a high motor high intesity guy on the field and super laid back off the field.  I don't have an issue if you have a player that can flip the switch.. much like Luke.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Still think they could potentially trade Burns to get a 1st.  

Especially with Morgan talking about wanting football players that are tough, gritty, "have that dawg in them".    Burns is the softest "star" player here.  

Need to build around guys like Brown and Luvu who fight every play.

I’ve gotten the sense the past few years that Burns is a bit of a cancer. He’s not leading in the right direction.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Tbe said:

I’ve gotten the sense the past few years that Burns is a bit of a cancer. He’s not leading in the right direction.

1000%.   How can you be a leader and captain of a team and then admit you mailed it in because you didn't get a new deal and were playing not to get hurt.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

Still think they could potentially trade Burns to get a 1st.  

Especially with Morgan talking about wanting football players that are tough, gritty, "have that dawg in them".    Burns is the softest "star" player here.  

Need to build around guys like Brown and Luvu who fight every play.

I think we should. He admitted he wasnt playing hard due to fear of injury.

He is a good not great player. We can find more of those. Trade him if you can, tag him again if you can't.