• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Introductory Press Conference

1 hour ago, RJK said:

I’m not allowed to criticize Morgan or I’ll get banned. But let’s just say he seems like a good soldier 

That doesn't really add up.  He was incredibly critical of the current roster, the attitude, character,  everything.  Sounds like he got the job because he wasn't on board with past personnel decisions,  and Dave sees now that Dan was right. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

21 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

I wasn't impressed. I have more faith in Dan than Dave Canales. He sounds like he's in over his head. I have no faith in any of it until I see it.

Curious what’s lead you to believe he’s in over his head? Not being overly critical, just curious as to what’s driving this thought for you.

26 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

That doesn't really add up.  He was incredibly critical of the current roster, the attitude, character,  everything.  Sounds like he got the job because he wasn't on board with past personnel decisions,  and Dave sees now that Dan was right. 

Morgan came across as a company man. He’ll do what he’s told. 

Just now, RJK said:

Morgan came across as a company man. He’ll do what he’s told. 

He came across more pointed to me. He essentially called out the current players, saying, “the logo is not feared any longer.” He basically said, you’re soft and the league doesn’t respect you. 

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Tarheel119 said:

He came across more pointed to me. He essentially called out the current players, saying, “the logo is not feared any longer.” He basically said, you’re soft and the league doesn’t respect you. 

Because that’s the message right now. Where has that been for the last 3 years? I don’t see a lot of players that fit the mold he talked about on the roster

Edited by RJK

3 minutes ago, RJK said:

Because that’s the message right now. Where has that been for the last 3 years? I don’t see a lot of players that fit the mold he talked about on the roster

That’s fair and you’re right, there are not many on the roster that fit that description. It could have been Morgan’s thoughts on a few of the guys. He’s not been the final decision maker before. With that said, I believe it to be more motivational: this stuff will no longer be tolerated: shape up or ship out. The key will be whether the players are held accountable.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

6 minutes ago, Tarheel119 said:

That’s fair and you’re right, there are not many on the roster that fit that description. It could have been Morgan’s thoughts on a few of the guys. He’s not been the final decision maker before. With that said, I believe it to be more motivational: this stuff will no longer be tolerated: shape up or ship out. The key will be whether the players are held accountable.

We’ll see. Fingers crossed that Morgan was powerless and ignored and not just an inept sycophant. 

27 minutes ago, RJK said:

Fingers crossed that Morgan was...not just an inept sycophant. 

Really?

What a stupid comment, leader in clubhouse for most asisnine comment in 2024!  😄

I thought it was a helluva press conference, both guys were great -- and anyone dumb enought to f**K with Dan "The Man" Morgan is going to be taught a harsh lesson!!

Let's Get It ON!!!!!

• Beer 2