• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young’s Arm Strength

0kBoomer

38 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

This is a brain dead take. The tape on his arm strength and the professionals that spent months to years evaluating the tape aren’t irrelevant. Bryce’s arm strength didn’t deteriorate in less than a year when he left college .

Use your head. Did Bryce suddenly get worse and all the draft evaluation about his arm become wrong? OR did the surrounding situation he was placed in no highlight the skill and talent that is still there? 

I’m sorry but I’m going to trust the pros evaluations vs some guy on the internet who “watches the games” apparently you don’t watch a lot because you seem to disregard the poo show that was the oline, receivers, run game, and scheme last year. 

I watched him play, man. I said pre-draft that his arm was NFL average at best and likely below average. Do you still trust the pros' evaluation of past busts? Once you're in the league you draft evaluations and draft status no longer matters. It's about your performance in the NFL.  Bryce is really struggling and his lack of arm talent is playing a major role in their struggles. But keep coping if you must.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I watched him play, man. I said pre-draft that his arm was NFL average at best and likely below average. Do you still trust the pros' evaluation of past busts? Once you're in the league you draft evaluations and draft status no longer matters. It's about your performance in the NFL.  Bryce is really struggling and his lack of arm talent is playing a major role in their struggles. But keep coping if you must.

Seems like this board is group think. It’s cope this cope that. 

it’s not cope to understand that the situation plays the majority in how these kids look. Our situation was all time bad. That plays such a big factor it cannot be dismissed. This kid still has all the talent that was that was evaluated when he was in college. 

2 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

it’s not cope to understand that the situation plays the majority in how these kids look. Our situation was all time bad. That plays such a big factor it cannot be dismissed. This kid still has all the talent that was that was evaluated when he was in college. 

I was saying this same stuff about Bryce pre-draft when everyone was calling me crazy for it. Oh, he's the consensus QB1. Oh yeah, you know so much more than the professional evaluators. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Well, what about now?

All of these deficiencies were plainly obvious in his college play. You keep pointing to his college play and draft evaluations. I was saying the same damn thing back then. I can't help that all the talking heads and Panthers brass got it wrong and you still cling to their wrong opinions.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I was saying this same stuff about Bryce pre-draft when everyone was calling me crazy for it. Oh, he's the consensus QB1. Oh yeah, you know so much more than the professional evaluators. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Well, what about now?

All of these deficiencies were plainly obvious in his college play. You keep pointing to his college play and draft evaluations. I was saying the same damn thing back then. I can't help that all the talking heads and Panthers brass got it wrong and you still cling to their wrong opinions.

You were wrong then and you are still wrong now. 

There has been nothing from Bryce’s play this year that shows me he can’t throw the ball, make the reads, or survive the hits.

When your overall team is dog poo the tape is going to look bad on everyone. This year, week in week out we saw the oline giving up huge pressure almost every play, receivers failing to get separation/giving up on routes, and the scheme failing to address protection issues/develop a good gameplan with the pieces we had. 

Not to mention 9 starting guards this year. That is an unfair situation to evaluate a rookie QB but you have folks like you ready to spike the football and “stop the count! I was right all along” 

Thats brain dead, negative IQ, don’t know ball takes. It’s a shame this website would rather poo on this kid than do the extra brain power it’s takes to rationally see this situation was awful. Your takes are devoid of any context about this year and it shows plainly. You’d rather be “right” 

• Beer 2
  • Poo 3

7 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

You were wrong then and you are still wrong now. 

There has been nothing from Bryce’s play this year that shows me he can’t throw the ball, make the reads, or survive the hits.

When your overall team is dog poo the tape is going to look bad on everyone. This year, week in week out we saw the oline giving up huge pressure almost every play, receivers failing to get separation/giving up on routes, and the scheme failing to address protection issues/develop a good gameplan with the pieces we had. 

Not to mention 9 starting guards this year. That is an unfair situation to evaluate a rookie QB but you have folks like you ready to spike the football and “stop the count! I was right all along” 

Thats brain dead, negative IQ, don’t know ball takes. It’s a shame this website would rather poo on this kid than do the extra brain power it’s takes to rationally see this situation was awful. Your takes are devoid of any context about this year and it shows plainly. You’d rather be “right” 

The overall team has nothing to do with Bryce's ability to throw the football. It's subpar. His velocity is subpar. His ability to drive the ball down the field is subpar. His deep ball accuracy is straight up bad. His short to mid-range accuracy is average. You can keep saying all the stuff about being braindead blah, blah, blah but reality is reality. 

You are trying to ignore this year and look back at college play (while not understanding what you're watching) and pretending that talking head draft evaluations are factual instead of opinion. My opinion on Bryce was just that too - opinion. It's just that after 16 NFL games my opinion looks more valid than all those talking heads'. I'm just baffled how the Panthers got duped so hard.

Honestly, we should've just banned you right out of the gate when you showed up with a political username, political av, and a single posting agenda. It was fun but I think I'll just go ahead and correct that mistake now.

• The D 1

9 hours ago, 0kBoomer said:

It isn’t. You have a misunderstanding of what average vs subpar is. Subpar means he wouldn’t have been able to make it to the NFL let alone be drafted number 1. 

We did all this crap with Bryce last year. People made every argument you are making. We saw the results.

Some of us would probably appreciate it if you used NFL game examples to argue your tired ass case. 

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've never seen anything like it. Draft prospects - especially QBs - usually get absolutely nitpicked to death but for whatever reason just about everyone seemed willing if not downright eager to look past a multitude of red flags with Bryce all the way to fully beclowning themselves creating a narrative that Bryce was held back by inferior surrounding talent in college at ALABAMA.

I heard more about his inferior surrounding talent than Zach Wilson and his best weapon was Gunner Romney 

Here's a take that says he has extraordinary accuracy at all levels and graded his deep balls at 97/100

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Bryce-Young-QB-Alabama

Edited by Ted Ginn Jr.'s Hands
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Ted Ginn Jr.'s Hands said:

I heard more about his inferior surrounding talent than Zach Wilson and his best weapon was Gunner Romney 

Here's a take that says he has extraordinary accuracy at all levels and graded his deep balls at 97/100

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Bryce-Young-QB-Alabama

It's amusing going back and reading this stuff. It reads like sheer fantasy.

For comparison sake and honestly an even better laugh read their grade for Stroud. The lazy hot takes did not age well at all.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/player/Coleridge-Stroud-QB-OhioState

In the NFL QBs have to be able to make all the throws.  Bryce is limited where he can throw the ball.  That limitation is due to arm strength.  I looked at his passing chart just about every game and his outside the numbers attempts beyond 10 yards, certainly 15, were virtually nonexistent.  The few he tried were HIGHLY unsuccessful.  Bryce knows his floaters to the outside are prime for picking and why he stays away from them.

Why does it anger so many that someone wants to believe in Young? Does it insult you that cannot convert them into seeing the world the way you do so there you must attach them and call them names? Can you not just ignore anything positive said about the guy and move on?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, 0kBoomer said:

@poundaway