• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young’s Arm Strength

0kBoomer

23 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

Such a hilarious take. Can you name a QB recently that has taken a trash offensive line with no real WRs and made them work? All QBs need these pieces in place to work. Closest you can get now is Mahomes and even then he has talent around him PLUS coaching and before that it was Cam and we all saw how that turned out, he still couldn't take this team to consistency by himself. He also did it with a skillset most QBs do not posses. Lamar had a bad OC and no real WRs until now. A QB can make his team better by getting rid of the ball quickly to help negate pressure, which is tough for any rookie QB to do unless you craft the offense around him having limited reads. That DID NOT happen here, the offense game plan was trash and we all saw that. They can help make WRs/TE look better by being accurate and getting them the ball when they win a match up. The only person consistently winning match ups on offense was Thielen and he had like 100 catches and 1000 yards. 

Cam Newton for much of 2014. 

• Pie 4

20 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Mahomes is currently in the Super Bowl. 

Read the whole post dofus I addressed Mahomes. Do we have a Kelce? Pacheco? We don't even have someone as good as MVS. Our Oline is in a different league of terrible. Did we have any coaches even half as competent as Reid? Let's not even talk about defense. 

Just now, PanthersGTI said:

Read the whole post dofus I addressed Mahomes. Do we have a Kelce? Pacheco? We don't even have someone as good as MVS. Our Oline is in a different league of terrible. Did we have any coaches even half as competent as Reid? Let's not even talk about defense. 

Chill. You can make your point without the insults. And if you're gonna insult someone's intelligence you could at least spell "doofus" correctly in the process.

• Flames 1

23 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

Did you read the whole thing? I literally addressed Cam in the post. 

I did, yes. Felt like calling out 2014 in particular, as Cam did have a decent line for much of his career. 2014 though... extra bad between both OL and WR.

Edited by KSpan

12 hours ago, GhostOfDocAnderson said:

That's gonna be tough because Bryce doesn't have the ball placement skills to enable YAC. One step at a time. Bryce needs to first focus on throwing on time, then he needs to focus on throwing catchable balls. Everything else is a luxury at this point.

He already does...ask any DB in the league.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

We needed a big guy with a rocket arm. We got a middle school kid who plays video games. 

It will take a complete revamp of our offense with first, second and third rounders for the Bryce experiment to work. This will take no less than 3 years. He will be dead or out of the league in 2. This experiment will not work. It just won’t. 

Big guys with rocket arms can make this situation work somewhat, until more talent is plugged in. Defenses have to respect the arm of a big guy. This expands how much they have to cover. 

Bryce has a noodle arm. He’s a pick 6 waiting to happen. His arm condenses the field. 

Plug and play? Sounds like we got played, again. 

1 hour ago, PanthersGTI said:

Read the whole post dofus I addressed Mahomes.

you were wrong almost as soon as you started typing. 

you don't address mahomes at all, you just kinda hand waive it away because it's inconvenient for you

if you want people to take your posts more seriously, put some effort into them 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

This is kind of interesting.  ESPN has a redraft for this past draft..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/39423332/redrafting-first-two-rounds-63-picks-2023-nfl-class

it has us taking Stroud at 1, AR to the Texans, and Young goes at 11 to the Titans.

Why would the Titans take Bryce over Levis? I wanted no part of Levis but if they offered to swap them right now I'd go for it. Levis at least looks like a guy who could potentially develop into a legit starter.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why would the Titans take Bryce over Levis? I wanted no part of Levis but if they offered to swap them right now I'd go for it. Levis at least looks like a guy who could potentially develop into a legit starter.

I guess people have different opinions on that? 

• Pie 1