• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers offer deal to Peppers

CanadianCat

Well now I'm totally at peace with this, we made him a great offer and he turned it down to test the market - fair enough.

Knowing that we did make a VERY competitive offer, it seems to me that he may very well come back to us after testing the market and see if the offer still stands (which I'm sure it will) so we may very well see Peppers take the field in a Panthers uniform again.

Well, at least now we know Hurney and Co. weren't just being dicks and giving him the silent treatment. I appreciate what Pep has done while he was here, but if someone is dumb enough to give a guy more than what we offered to play 1/3 of the plays, have at it...

fug Carl Carey and his posturing... Dumbass. And apparently Pep doesn't really care to "maximize" his potential if he is looking at the Bears.

Well, at least we tried. Now we can use that money to sign Bolton....:D

edit: :lol: I guess the filter change "v-i-c-k" to bolton....

Careful... talking about "you-know-who" around here will get you thrown out of the cool people club. :hand:

Well, at least now we know Hurney and Co. weren't just being dicks and giving him the silent treatment. I appreciate what Pep has done while he was here, but if someone is dumb enough to give a guy more than what we offered to play 1/3 of the plays, have at it...

f*ck Carl Carey and his posturing... Dumbass. And apparently Pep doesn't really care to "maximize" his potential if he is looking at the Bears.

He will never get what Carey is telling him he is worth. If he had a real agent like Drew Rosenhaus he would have been signed 3 years ago. If he wanted to leave he would have been traded 3 years ago. Bottom line is we are prob gonna win a tampering charge agent CHI cause of Cary. Thats why we made that offer when we did.

Bottom line is we are prob gonna win a tampering charge agent CHI cause of Cary. Thats why we made that offer when we did.

That's what I'm saying!

At first I didn't think anything would come of the whole tampering thing, but the Panthers throwing out this last-ditch effort at signing him makes me think they just did it to catch Chicago tampering.

I hope we get something out of Peppers' exit after all.

I think he wants a ring more than the richest contract he can find.

I honestly don't...

It TRULY comes down to Peppers wanting to finally leave North Carolina... I mean the guy's NEVER lived outside of the state...

We already know he doesn't "love the game"

It's not $

It's not Ring

It's getting out of NC

That's what I'm saying!

At first I didn't think anything would come of the whole tampering thing, but the Panthers throwing out this last-ditch effort at signing him makes me think they just did it to catch Chicago tampering.

I hope we get something out of Peppers' exit after all.

what would the Panthers recieve in compensation for tampering?

Did anybody bother to click the link? This is quite old...

click me

We’ve heard multiple times that the Carolina Panthers made at least two strong attempts to lock up Julius Peppers for the long term. But now we know there were at least three attempts, with the final one coming sometime in the past few weeks.

Archived