• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you do it (trade)

CRA

Just now, 45catfan said:

How about we trade back a few picks, likely still get the same guy and pick up another selection to draft a second WR?

I think something like that will be on the table. And the first pick of the second round is always a popular pick. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

probably, Jerry, Chase, Horn at least have NFL tools to fool yourself over.  Bryce is a unicorn attempting to defy the positional rules. 

wouldn't lump in Horn with those others. Bryce, Jerry, Chase all have shown absolutely nothing at all on the field. Horn at least when healthy is pretty dominant.

1 minute ago, t96 said:

lol wtf, I wouldn't take Jeudy and them giving us a 3rd for just Horn. 

Oh, I'm probably taking that deal if you are giving a 3rd.  Give me a 3rd and Jerry.   Because Horn is walking if I am the GM.  And we ain't doing diddly as a franchise from now until the time he walks. 

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, you probably could make the same argument about Jaycee Horn at this point though. 

I mean, Jeff Otah had been a running joke for YEARS around here. 

Otah suited up for 60% of his games through 3 years

Horn suited up for 43% of his games through 3 years

not saying I would do this trade but I would most definitely think about trading Horn given I wouldn't pay him with his history. 

I posted a thread about trading Horn last week. I'm in favor of trading him for draft capital. Not a fellow draft bust. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

wouldn't lump in Horn with those others. Bryce, Jerry, Chase all have shown absolutely nothing at all on the field. Horn at least when healthy is pretty dominant.

I mean, Chase Young? Chase Young was DROY and a Pro Bowler.  He has crazy physical gifts and a hopeful opening to the NFL to fool people with.   I don't see how we can put a corner that never plays in a different tier.  They just fooling you slightly different. 

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I posted a thread about trading Horn last week. I'm in favor of trading him for draft capital. Not a fellow draft bust. 

I would not take the deal as presented here. 

I would deal Horn though.  But yeah, if a team wants to take a high risk gamble for a decent draft pick? I'd take that all day for Horn.  But realistically that pick ain't going to be what the huddle thinks he is worth.  

Just now, Wolfcop said:

I think something like that will be on the table. And the first pick of the second round is always a popular pick. 

We'd have to move back like 7-9  picks to get a top of the 4th round selection.  There should be a glut of WRs in that area as the top tier guys will be all gone.  As long as they have 2 or 3 guys rated close in that second tier, that could be an option.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Oh, I'm probably taking that deal if you are giving a 3rd.  Give me a 3rd and Jerry.   Because Horn is walking if I am the GM.  And we ain't doing diddly as a franchise from now until the time he walks. 

Horn has enough potential when healthy that a measly 3rd isn't a big enough return to make it worth it. And worth noting Jeudy has a cap hit $7M more than Horn so good luck signing free agents when wasting cap like that on a scrub. I decline Horn's 5th year option but keep him this year and plan to get him on a bridge deal after that or if he dominates this year without missing time, tag and keep or trade him for a bigger return.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, Chase Young? Chase Young was DROY and a Pro Bowler.  He has crazy physical gifts and a hopeful opening to the NFL to fool people with.   I don't see how we can put a corner that never plays in a different tier. 

Chase Young is absolutely worthless. Pro bowl means nothing considering half the league makes it by the time everyone drops out. That defensive rookie class was atrocious and he won it on name recognition and draft position alone. His career pace is 6 sacks per season and he has also missed significant time. It's very telling the skins couldn't get more than a very late 3rd (either last or 2nd to last in the round) for him.

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Horn has enough potential when healthy that a measly 3rd isn't a big enough return to make it worth it. And worth noting Jeudy has a cap hit $7M more than Horn so good luck signing free agents when wasting cap like that on a scrub. I decline Horn's 5th year option but keep him this year and plan to get him on a bridge deal after that or if he dominates this year without missing time, tag and keep or trade him for a bigger return.

I'd take a 3rd for Horn.  I don't see how you could get more for him at this point.  I know the huddle wouldn't be cool with that though.  But if you aren't going to pay him, that's decent value give what he has proven to be at this level over 3 years.  

• Beer 1

Just now, t96 said:

Chase Young is absolutely worthless. Pro bowl means nothing considering half the league makes it by the time everyone drops out. That defensive rookie class was atrocious and he won it on name recognition and draft position alone. His career pace is 6 sacks per season and he has also missed significant time. It's very telling the skins couldn't get more than a very late 3rd (either last or 2nd to last in the round) for him.

I'm not arguing Chase Young is anything.   I'm arguing in the eyes of the football world......Horn isn't viewed that much differently in terms of value to obtain. 

I don't see a team willing to give up more than a 3rd ish for Horn.  That was Young's value.  He is just a similar risk for a different variety. 

Jeudy had 54 catches on 84 targets.  Over 750 yards.  Has improved every year.  Horn has missed most of his games.  He is about 25, entering the 4th year of his contract. 

Horn is solid, but man, he is often injured.  FWIW, I said the same thing about Thomas Davis and CMC.  They recovered pretty well.