• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chicago sun times: Julius Peppers selected to hall of fame

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I do think most NFL fans primarily associate him with the Panthers being that he was drafted here, went to the SB here, and ultimately finished his career here. But with that said, the Bears and the Packers have a lot more national relevance than the Panthers so I wouldn't be shocked if there's quite a few people who envision Peppers in one of those jerseys when they first think of him. Hell, even after all these years when I hear Julius Peppers' name I think UNC after all, the drafting of Julius Peppers is what ultimately made me a Panthers fan to begin with.

Me as well. He was my favorite basketball player at UNC 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

In my eyes, he’s our first. A tried and true Panther. Still remember when the team drafted him.

Congrats Julius! Well deserved. Hopefully, you have Smith and Kuechly next to join ya!

Luke will definitely be in. Probably first ballot. Smitty absolutely SHOULD be in but crazy WR numbers in the modern NFL is gonna be a hurdle for him to overcome. They SHOULD consider the offenses these guys played in and the percentage of the receiving yardage they accounted for, etc. but they pretty much just look at the top level numbers. The more time that passes the more mediocre his numbers will get in terms of the HOF.

I mean, Lynn Swann is a HOF WR and DJ Moore has already comfortably passed his career numbers and DJ is 26 years old.

• Pie 4

Love this. Peppers is IMO the best player to ever play here so far. I was so upset when the Panthers let him walk out the door, for nothing. Eerily similar situation going on now with Burns. Although Burns isn't anywhere near the same level as Pep.

On a side note, it's really awesome to see Patrick Willis get in relatively quickly.  He was the best at his position when he played and then passed the torch to Luke. Their careers are really similar, both played 8 seasons, stats are really close.  Willis leads in solo tackles by 42 and sacks by 8. Luke accounted for 25 turnovers (FF/INT) to Willis' 24. Bodes well for Luke, he is eligible next year but I doubt he gets first ballot like Peppers.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, FutureDynasty said:

Love this. Peppers is IMO the best player to ever play here so far. I was so upset when the Panthers let him walk out the door, for nothing. Eerily similar situation going on now with Burns. Although Burns isn't anywhere near the same level as Pep.

On a side note, it's really awesome to see Patrick Willis get in relatively quickly.  He was the best at his position when he played and then passed the torch to Luke. Their careers are really similar, both played 8 seasons, stats are really close.  Willis leads in solo tackles by 42 and sacks by 8. Luke accounted for 25 turnovers (FF/INT) to Willis' 24. Bodes well for Luke, he is eligible next year but I doubt he gets first ballot like Peppers.

Yeah Luke was right there with him statistically. Very good chance that Luke is first ballot HOF and would be our first drafted player to have played his whole career here going to the HOF.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1