• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers fire Director of Analytics(or just AI created wishful thinking)

9 hours ago, Steelo said:

According to ESPN's Seth Walder, the team is expected to part ways with Taylor Rajack—the franchise's first-ever director of football analytics. Rajack has served in that role since 2019, when owner David Tepper introduced the football analytics department.

It's likely that the firing was true but the AI article was made in an effort to get an article posted about it.

It's possible or even likely he will be but he's hasn't since he's still on the staff page. They are generally very quick to update that.

If you saw the movie Moneyball some of the things they did made sense, but MLB players can be more heady players without that killer instinct that some players have in NFL.  Every year players come from the lower rounds and flourish in the NFL.  Analytics say they are nothing to write home about and yet they make a career for themselves.  

When was the last time we hit on a lower round player?  Andrew Norwell?  Someone who was a starter and not some player that lasted 3 years on the team but never played.  I seriously cannot think of one player since Norwell. 

I am hoping that we draft, especially in the lower rounds, players that have an edge but might not have the greatest 40.  I love and hate at the same time Pachero. The man runs like a beast.  How in the hell did he drop to the 7th round.  This is what we have to get back to, to become relevant again. 

Bottom line analytics should not be a part of how our draft board is set up. 

8 hours ago, csx said:

It's possible or even likely he will be but he's hasn't since he's still on the staff page. They are generally very quick to update that.

I noticed that too. But this isn’t the first instance of something being done but not announced quite yet this off-season. So we’ll see. May also be apart of a bigger picture with Tilis getting a shot to get some of his guys in and won’t be announced until everything is wrapped up. 

Edited by Steelo

He's still on the panthers.com staff list with no other mention of this.

Wonder if there is any truth behind this or if this all AI bs speculation that then got referenced as "sources" by a someone.