• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking Down the Shrewed moves that Built the Carolina Panthers

MHS831

21 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Tell me something I don't know 😕 

I know, right. 

I'm not going to give him a cookie for listing our obvious failures, wrapping it up, tying a bow on it and presenting it as a thread. I'm also not going to cuss @MHS831 out for listing our obvious failures because I appreciate him as a Huddler, so...I can't do anything with this...😏

• Pie 1

I'd like to add that a lot of the Huddle was supporting Fitt along the way. Not me. God I hated him and he's been proven now to be a moron. I was ready to explode when he passed on the Burns deal, and the Darnold deal nearly cost me my soul. Hated him as a GM at the time and I hate him now.

48 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I'd like to add that a lot of the Huddle was supporting Fitt along the way. Not me. God I hated him and he's been proven now to be a moron. I was ready to explode when he passed on the Burns deal, and the Darnold deal nearly cost me my soul. Hated him as a GM at the time and I hate him now.

I thought that the Darnold deal was highly ill-advised. That was the time that I began to question Fitterer. I couldn't just blame him 100 percent because of Rhule and Tepper. Admittedly, I was more diplomatic about the Burns no-deal, even though I thought that he should've taken it 100 percent. My problem is that there was no real urgency to make things come to a head once last season ended. He should've been signed or traded. But, alas, here we are with his value at an all time low and with his future as a Panther in doubt. 

32 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I thought that the Darnold deal was highly ill-advised. That was the time that I began to question Fitterer. I couldn't just blame him 100 percent because of Rhule and Tepper. Admittedly, I was more diplomatic about the Burns no-deal, even though I thought that he should've taken it 100 percent. My problem is that there was no real urgency to make things come to a head once last season ended. He should've been signed or traded. But, alas, here we are with his value at an all time low and with his future as a Panther in doubt. 

Fitt signing Darnold and picking up the 5th year was a back breaker. I couldn't understand why we gave up so much. No other teams were interested. Fit and his staff thought Darnold was like Sam Bradford and all he needed was the right support. I will never live down that idiotic move.

The Burns offer from the Rams was amazing, and it came at time when we desperately needed first round picks for the future. Fitt's mindset was that the team was complete and all we needed to do was drop a QB into place and we'd have a winning team. That's how big of a moron Fitt was as our GM. I wouldn't trust to do anything in the Panthers front office. We dropped a QB into place, the one he sold the farm for, and we won 2 games. Unreal. Hire him back and re-fire him.

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

I know, right. 

I'm not going to give him a cookie for listing our obvious failures, wrapping it up, tying a bow on it and presenting it as a thread. I'm also not going to cuss @MHS831 out for listing our obvious failures because I appreciate him as a Huddler, so...I can't do anything with this...😏

I will consider this his way of coming to terms with how bad the situation is. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, pantherj said:

I was supportive of Fitt until he passed on the Burns deal.  I was an idiot.

15 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Don't be so judgemental of yourself. Like I was saying, when you have a semblance of a triumvirate of power where no one guy is seemingly responsible for making football moves, it's hard to know who actually made the call. 

Some of us may have raised an eyebrow at the Darnold trade, but it turns out that at the end of the day it paled in comparison to the value lost in the Burns no-deal.

• Pie 2

41 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Don't be so judgemental of yourself. Like I was saying, when you have a semblance of a triumvirate of power where no one guy is seemingly responsible for making football moves, it's hard to know who actually made the call. 

Some of us may have raised an eyebrow at the Darnold trade, but it turns out that at the end of the day it paled in comparison to the value lost in the Burns no-deal.

The initial trade for Darnold was a low cost, potentially high reward QB reclamation project, but that contract extension?  

I lost my sh*t over the Burns non-trade.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, bythenbrs said:

Well we were all on the outside looking in and trying to figure things out. I wouldn't go so far as to say that about yourself, but Fitt on the other hand...