• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Annual reminder that Panthers drafted this guy and then lost him

NAS

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

We keep saying this about every position it seems...

At some point you have to love the one your with and put a team together. 

Piniero cant even make a 50 yarder in a regular season game. 

Right about the time we settle down and say "okay, we're good now" is when they start waffling 😕

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

We keep saying this about every position it seems...

At some point you have to love the one your with and put a team together. 

Piniero cant even make a 50 yarder in a regular season game. 

He was 5 for 7 from 50+ last year.  I'm pretty sure those were in regular season games, but maybe I'm misremembering and we were actually a playoff team and those were all from the postseason.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

He was 5 for 7 from 50+ last year.  I'm pretty sure those were in regular season games, but maybe I'm misremembering and we were actually a playoff team and those were all from the postseason.

Yep Eddie was great.  One of his 2 misses was that crazy 57 plus yarder in Chicago AKA "the windy city" with no time left.  That call was Frank's last straw for me.  It was like 4th and 2 and the offense had a bit of rhythm going finally.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

18 hours ago, Billy Love said:

We drafted this stud kicker only to cut him before the regular season began to re-sign OH NO Gano. Fugin sickening. 

Butker was cut because he looked worse than Gano in camp and the preseason, and Gano and Butker have had essentially indistinguishable stats since the draft. Exception was last year with the Giants, where Gano was pretty bad but also was struggling with injury.

The problem wasn't picking Gano. The problem was picking Gano, and then cutting him a few years later in favor of Joey Slye, who is the worst kicker in team history. Piniero is actually a really good kicker too, just not quite as good as Butker or Gano have been. I think we'll be going with him for some time now because he's a top ten league kicker.

Of all the positions to complain about, kicker is actually the one where we are in an OK spot now.

Edited by TN05
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I am more saddened by drafting Evan Mathis and us not being able to either develop him or see his potential and then he goes to Philly and becomes a top offensive lineman in the NFL for a number of seasons in a row.

Mike Maser wasn’t it? Got in his dog house.

As far as kickers, Butker getting passed on, who was ST coach that year? I’d look there before looking at Hurney. 

3 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I am more saddened by drafting Evan Mathis and us not being able to either develop him or see his potential and then he goes to Philly and becomes a top offensive lineman in the NFL for a number of seasons in a row.

Mathis didn't really come on until he, uh, optimized his supplemental nutrition regimen.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Mathis didn't really come on until he, uh, optimized his supplemental nutrition regimen.

Was he juicing it up also? I just looked him up and it appears he put on some muscle and strength from one year to the next. He must have totally done it on vitamins, chicken and potatoes brother.

Hulk Hogan Wrestling GIF

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I’m even more saddened Mini me was picked over stroud. 

On 2/12/2024 at 11:00 AM, Panthercougar68 said:

Marty is still employed by the Commanders fyi lol don’t hate the player 

1498566132_raf360x360075tfafafa_ca443f4786.jpg.f4b079656329f023b8b74ec6482b9189.jpg

Dave drafted him got fired days before TC. Marty held on at the seasons start and even gave him a roster spot for a couple weeks. Then cut and place on PS for a week or two. KCs kicker got a injury and he started making history. I believe at one point he was the highest rated kicker in NFL history (100 kicks min), yep higher than tucker. 

In a rare move with marty, I agree with keeping the vet gano over the rookie butker. Im fairly sure at the time gano had a stronger leg and this was the beginning of moving the kickoff closer. At the time panthers STs were awful at covering kicks and punts for that matter. 

I mean looking back at all the turnover and bad luck the panthers had since kasay, butker should have been the guy. But I think eddy is right there with him and my god do the panthers need a decent kicker with them having TD allergy.......

wrong on some.

Edited by Basbear