• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Tez Walker!!

Draft the homegrown AJ Brown to add an immediate vertical threat for Bryce, keep Adam Thielen for short and intermediate stuff. Upgrade the running game and we might not be a dumpster next year. If nothing else drafting Tez would be a morale booster for the  fanbase. People will hype it up and there would be talks of “maybe we have our franchise QB and WR” from the draft until at very least mid August. The Tez offensive. 

• Poo 1

Perhaps on day three. Tez looks like he could certainly use one more year in school because he's simply unpolished as a route runner. Look at his breaks! At this point, to me, he looks like a one-hit-wonder---a speed guy that offers you a vertical threat if he can get off the line relatively cleanly. His physicality is nowhere near A.J. Brown's. 

Admittedly, I didn't watch the above vid, but I have watched others. Tez is not worth our first pick.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

46 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Perhaps on day three. Tez looks like he could certainly use one more year in school because he's simply unpolished as a route runner. Look at his breaks! At this point, to me, he looks like a one-hit-wonder---a speed guy that offers you a vertical threat if he can get off the line relatively cleanly. His physicality is nowhere near A.J. Brown's. 

Admittedly, I didn't watch the above vid, but I have watched others. Tez is not worth our first pick.

He did not look good at the Senior Bowl. Project guy at the moment which is really not something we need.

High ceiling, very low floor.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

He has speed and good hands. 4th round or later and I’m good. 3rd maybe if we trade down. 

That was one of the big problems at the Senior Bowl, his hands were not good. Dropped a lot of balls.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

That was one of the big problems at the Senior Bowl, his hands were not good. Dropped a lot of balls.

He looked great and UNC most of the year though. He really opened up their offense when he was activated. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He did not look good at the Senior Bowl. Project guy at the moment which is really not something we need.

High ceiling, very low floor.

Thanks for letting me know. Honestly I wasn't even paying attention to him because I had already made up my mind that there were better prospects (well, that and me paying attention to the QB with the cool name...).

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He looked great and UNC most of the year though. He really opened up their offense when he was activated. 

He has NFL athletic ability for sure but he's pretty unpolished. Not a great route runner and he had some hands issues at UNC too.

If he is available later in the draft(4th rounder or later), that's a high ceiling gamble that makes a ton of sense. 

But he is unlikely to be able to help us a lot in the short term, so it would not make much sense given where we are currently. We need guys that can be competing in the two deep from day one, TBH. Our roster is atrocious.

Edited by kungfoodude

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He has NFL athletic ability for sure but he's pretty unpolished. Not a great route runner and he had some hands issues at UNC too.

If he is available later in the draft(4th rounder or later), that's a high ceiling gamble that makes a ton of sense. 

But he is unlikely to be able to help us a lot in the short term, so it would not make much sense given where we are currently. We need guys that can be competing in the two deep from day one, TBH. Our roster is atrocious.

4th or later sounds right. I’d be ok if we traded back in the 3rd for him. He is long and fast. Route running can be polished up, his speed, size, and natural ability can’t. 

Edited by ForJimmy

17 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

4th or later sounds right. I’d be ok if we traded back in the 3rd for him. He is long and fast. Route running can be polished up, his speed, size, and natural ability can’t. 

Yeah, we heard that about TMJ and Mingo too. We need playmakers so if you struggle being consistent with making plays, all those RAS scores don't matter much.

Ask KC how Toney has worked out.

If you want someone that can actually help that kid from UGa at the combine consistently created separation, ran crisp routes and caught the ball well. Lower athletic floor, no doubt, but he will make plays. 

That is why I am not going to get too enamored with the Size/Length/Speed demons if they have issues with underperforming, catching the ball well or route running. We keep making these same mistakes and it is time to be smarter as an organization.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

That's what I see in that footage. Looks like his preference is to catch with his body, especially on deep balls. He catches with his hands across the middle. But if he's going to be unwilling to go up and aggressively pull a ball out of the air, he's going to struggle as an outside WR in the NFL. CBs would have broken up several of those catches before they would even get to him.

5th round or later.

• Beer 1

Ability to get open and create separation should be an absolute priority. I don’t care if they run a 4.7

Throw out the RAS metrics. Draft someone like McConkey. No more projects with upside kind of bs in round 2-3, that’s for round 6-7.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1