• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My first 2024 Panthers Mock Draft

Verge

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I think we should trade up to #1 overall. We're desperate for a QB.

I know this is satire, however the irony is I knew it was a suicidal move last year although most fans were on board with it.  As ridiculous as your statement looks now, it was THAT ridiculous to me last year.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I like it, especially the direction. Got to say I'm more excited about the 2nd WR than the first. I just feel like there's better WR options at 33.

Could be that I just need to watch some more of him, but I have a feeling you'd be able to swap him fairly easily with a earlier iOL at 33 then swing back around to get Washington with the next pick.

I love Corley, though.

3 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I know this is satire, however the irony is I knew it was a suicidal move last year although most fans were on board with it.  As ridiculous as your statement looks now, it was THAT ridiculous to me last year.

I wasn't on board with it, but you wouldn't be saying that you "knew it was a suicidal move" had we picked Stroud. 

7 hours ago, top dawg said:

I wasn't on board with it, but you wouldn't be saying that you "knew it was a suicidal move" had we picked Stroud. 

I'm not attacking either of you, but besides trading up for a QB there what can you do? Based on the qb's and the draft order the last several years unless we went up we still wouldn't have a qb to build around. 

Could have taken jordan love but would the team let him sit for years? Justin fields doesn't look like a franchise guy to me either. His stats are very pedestrian. If we don't trade up we likely are in great shape this year, but we've needed a qb since 2020. 

I think we gave up too much, but I don't see an alternative move. 

8 hours ago, top dawg said:

Stroud looks like the real deal, but let's see his sophomore year.  The rest of that QB class it's looking kinda how I envisioned thus far. I have to admit Young looked even worse than I thought (being on the Panthers is  probably why) and yes, Stroud over-performed.  As a class however, I wanted to stay away in favor of this year's QB crop.  Man is it looking loaded!  I was rounded mocked by people for wanting to kick the can one more season and thus was labeled the "One more year guy."  I hate that we got stuck with a player  that doesn't fit this team or the NFL in general, but for the folks that couldn't wait as this team is now mired down in squalor of the NFL basement, it's a bittersweet feeling for me.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Panthero said:

I'm not attacking either of you, but besides trading up for a QB there what can you do? Based on the qb's and the draft order the last several years unless we went up we still wouldn't have a qb to build around. 

Could have taken jordan love but would the team let him sit for years? Justin fields doesn't look like a franchise guy to me either. His stats are very pedestrian. If we don't trade up we likely are in great shape this year, but we've needed a qb since 2020. 

I think we gave up too much, but I don't see an alternative move. 

My theory was that one of the 4 qbs would have been there at our pick at 9. It would have been Richardson, Levis or Young IMO. We didn't have to trade up to get a qb and it proved to be exactly that way.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

My theory was that one of the 4 qbs would have been there at our pick at 9. It would have been Richardson, Levis or Young IMO. We didn't have to trade up to get a qb and it proved to be exactly that way.

Yup, my theory too. It wasn't too far fetched to think at least one of them would fall to #9.  Only the paranoid QB obsessed types thought all four of them would be gone.  Heck, this year's class is much better and may not have four QBs go in the top 10, although three will for certain.

As we all know, Levis even fell to round 2.

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

yep, not sure why we rushed to do the trade, why not simply wait until the draft started to see how it was playing out

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Love the Corley pick.

Encourage anyone who hasn’t watched him to do so. He’s in that Steve Smith, D.J. Moore, Deebo Samuel mold. He simply doesn’t get tackled by the first defender and has very good speed.

Morgan talked about adding Dawgs to the team.

Corley is a Dawg

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Morgan talked about adding Dawgs to the team.

Corley is a Dawg

Corley is def a dawg, but he is getting projected from rounds 2-4, snagging him in the 5th would be awesome but I doubt he falls that far.  I wouldnt mind loading up on oline and then grabbing him in the 4rth.  He is one super aggressive wr from what I have seen.

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Love the Corley pick.

Encourage anyone who hasn’t watched him to do so. He’s in that Steve Smith, D.J. Moore, Deebo Samuel mold. He simply doesn’t get tackled by the first defender and has very good speed.

Brugler who typically has a good pulse on the scouting community has reported buzz around Corley as high as a Day 2 pick.  Factor in the senior bowl work he put in, I highly doubt he's a 5th rounder.  

Great prospect. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Corley is def a dawg, but he is getting projected from rounds 2-4, snagging him in the 5th would be awesome but I doubt he falls that far.  I wouldnt mind loading up on oline and then grabbing him in the 4rth.  He is one super aggressive wr from what I have seen.

6 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Brugler who typically has a good pulse on the scouting community has reported buzz around Corley as high as a Day 2 pick.  Factor in the senior bowl work he put in, I highly doubt he's a 5th rounder.  

Great prospect. 

Agreed, I think the latest he falls is the 4th. His route running is not great but his YAC is fantastic and he is not afraid of anyone or anything. I would be happy to double dip WR in consecutive rounds like we did at DT with Star and KK in 2013.

Then draft IOL from the midwest to fill out roster depth in 4 and 5. Those cornfed midwestern boys have that innate farmer strength that they are bred with that can't be taught.