• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Getting Crunch Time for the Panthers and Brian Burns

45catfan

What to do with Burns?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Burns should be

• Frachised tagged
    • Transitional tagged
    • Re-singed to a top 5 Edge contract
    • Traded for draft capital or player(s)
    • Let test free agency and if signed away, at least get a high comp pick in 2025

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Found this interesting…

The sticking point is the amount of money he’s asking for, that could be used elsewhere, when he’s a liability against the run and only gets double teamed 15% of the time.

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

julian weighs in on burns today.  All in all the situation is pretty bleak and totally mismanaged.  Holy fug fat fitterer was horrible at his job

cliff notes: best case is to figure out a deal, the tag is going to be expensive in regards to our cap and letting him walk would suck but would be easier to sign free agents and rework other deals

I'll save people a watch based off Julian's past comments, he wants the team to pay Burns. He also won't argue against signing him except for maybe the cap hit.

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Martin said:

The sticking point is the amount of money he’s asking for, that could be used elsewhere, when he’s a liability against the run and only gets double teamed 15% of the time.

This shows he wins 1 out of 4 times (6th highest in the league) while being double 15% of the time. He just has had less opportunities to get more sacks because we rarely have a lead. 

24 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Found this interesting…

Pulling any stat you can find to justify paying him.  So now it's lack  opportunities as the reason he's underperformed. You guys are so desperate to carry his water. Maybe the reason he's not on the field is because he's not what you think he is. If the team needs a pass rusher why would the pull all world Burns off the field so much? Maybe, just maybe it's because he's not as good as you think he is? 

Edited by Jon Snow

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Pulling any stat you can find to justify paying him.  So now it's lack  opportunities as the reason he's underperformed. You guys are so desperate to carry his water. Maybe the reason he's not on the field is because he's not what you think he is. If the team needs a pass rusher why would the pull all world Burns off the field so much? Maybe, just maybe it's because he's not as good as you think he is? 

I’m just telling you he wins 1 out of 4 times. You want game saving plays yet we had 0 4th quarter leads and teams could just run at us in the 4th to seal the deal. Thad’s lack of opportunities. 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m just telling you he wins 1 out of 4 times. You want game saving plays yet we had 0 4th quarter leads and teams could just run at us in the 4th to seal the deal. Thad’s lack of opportunities. 

I could also argue that there's going to be "a lack of opportunities" for the foreseeable future, so we still need to keep all of our options open, including drafting a rusher who can increase his efficiency as the team increases its opportunity for leads and wins.

• Beer 1

McDonald's iced coffee is low-key not bad for the price.

It beats paying for overpriced mid coffee from Starbucks and Dunkin.

This is how I feel about Burns. For the right price he can be McDonald's iced coffee. Pretty good for the price.

If he's expensive then he's just Starbucks. Mid player with a expensive price. That's a no no.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Wins what? A missed tackle?  I have not seen him win anything.  If he were everything y'all said he is then why the lack of opportunity? Is our defense so good we don't need him all the time? I'm not sure what you are trying to prove?

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Wins what? A missed tackle?  I have not seen him win anything.  If he were everything y'all said he is then why the lack of opportunity? Is our defense so good we don't need him all the time? I'm not sure what you are trying to prove?

the block, so he can either create pressure or get a sack providing the QB doesn't adjust accordingly. 

11 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I could also argue that there's going to be "a lack of opportunities" for the foreseeable future, so we still need to keep all of our options open, including drafting a rusher who can increase his efficiency as the team increases its opportunity for leads and wins.

That's a fair argument.  Just when he gets more opportunities and continues at his rate you might have some pissed off fans like we are with CMC and DJ Moore.