• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty on the 2024 WR Draft Class (w/cliffnotes)

Bear Hands

13 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Hmmm....as a first round pick you can say he's been good, but not great.   Smitty wasn't totally wrong on Moore, but there's been other first round WRs that have been completely dominant.   

Did you even watch last season? DJ was destroying when Fields wás healthy 

18 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You wanted us to take Bryce. 

Cmon my guy you been calling me out lately. What happened to the love?

You are correct though. So me and Smitty were both wrong about Bryce, so people shouldn't take our football analysis seriously. This is why we have professionals who scout these players. Hopefully we take the right player this time around.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Exactly

Can we please stop posting Smitty takes on this board. Dude was hyping Mingo as the next big thing. He knows nothing more than the average huddler.

He did not hype Mingo as "the next big thing." Mingo wasn't even in his top five. As far as him knowing nothing more than the average Huddler, you're tripping. 

• Pie 3

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

He liked Mingo but he wasn’t his favorite WR. Besides, Mingo has had one year with a terrible QB. Let’s see what he can do when he gets a decent QB. 

Exactly. Mingo wasn't great, but he wasn't terrible. I'm sure I posted Smith's follow-up on Mingo after the season ended. He's still learning the details of the position in regards to more fine-tuned route running, and of course he needs better QB play.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Cmon my guy you been calling me out lately. What happened to the love?

You are correct though. So me and Smitty were both wrong about Bryce, so people shouldn't take our football analysis seriously. This is why we have professionals who scout these players. Hopefully we take the right player this time around.

Just saying don’t come down so hard on Smitty like that. A lot of people had Young as QB1. 

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

I disagree with him on Worthy being a body catcher. He shows elite hands catching in his highlights. He pairs that with an ability to make something out of nothing and he’s a great returner. I like him with our 2nd rounder. He does comp him as a taller Tank Dell so I’d take that all day. (The very first clip in the video below shows one of the toughest hands catches WR face in football)

Then he mentions Legette as a “better” DK Metcalf. It’s not going to happen, but if Legette slips to the 3rd like some mocks are pushing, adding both Xaviers to our WR core would completely flip that room for us. 

Hes Dk Metcalf, but 3" shorter,  15lbs lighter, short arms, small hands, and without the top speed.

39 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Exactly. Mingo wasn't great, but he wasn't terrible. I'm sure I posted Smith's follow-up on Mingo after the season ended. He's still learning the details of the position in regards to more fine-tuned route running, and of course he needs better QB play.

He was literally ranked like the #130th receiver as far as getting open last season. 

25 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

He was literally ranked like the #130th receiver as far as getting open last season. 

That means nothing, especially for a guy like him. Just depends on the narrative the staticians want to push. Moose probably woulda been really low on a list like that too. 

1 hour ago, Tr3ach said:

Hes Dk Metcalf, but 3" shorter,  15lbs lighter, short arms, small hands, and without the top speed.

That was Smitty’s comp, not mine. DK is one of the biggest athletic freaks to ever play WR, so having someone who’s “close” athletically is still impressive. 

Legette is closer to AJ Brown athletically, imo. Here’s a comparison of those players at the nfl combine and Legette from the senior bowl:

DK / AJ Brown / Legette

Height: 6’3 / 6’0 / 6’1

Weight: 228 / 226 / 223

Fastest game speed (mph): 22.6 / 22.1? / 22.3

Arm Length: 34&7/8 ; 32&7/8 ; 31&5/8

Hand size: 9&7/8 ; 9&3/4 ; 8&7/8

Edited by ECHornet