• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings might trade Jefferson

JawnyBlaze

Just read on PFT the Vikings might trade Justin Jefferson, who’s due a new contract. I’d trade them Burns and #33 in a heartbeat for one of, if not the, best young receiver in the game. Think it might take more from us?  How much would you guys be willing to trade?  We’d be swapping a big new DE contract for a big new WR contract. ~28mil for Burns vs what, ~25mil for Jefferson? I’m less up to date on what he might cost cap wise. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

9 minutes ago, SurvivalSloth said:

I'd love to have him here! But I think we have too many needs to help someone "break the bank".

Eh, we have like the third most cap space and almost none of it is spent on offense. We can afford to break the bank on one of the pieces we’re missing the most on the team. We don’t have THAT many needs. A few needs: QB, a playmaker or two (WR among the biggest needs), an OL or two, some depth on defense. Otherwise it’s spots that could use an upgrade but not a need. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
  • Pie 1

12 minutes ago, SurvivalSloth said:

I'd love to have him here! But I think we have too many needs to help someone "break the bank".

one of those needs is receiver. he's on an expiring contract. i wouldn't like the move b/c he can't stay healthy. burns straight up. we ain't giving up 33.

• Pie 3

people here don't want to spend. they assume every draft pick is a home run. i dk what you've been looking at but WE CAN'T DRAFT. Spend the money on a skill position. Just b/c we did it once with Keyshawn 25 years ago doesn't mean it can't be done again.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, RumHam said:

people here don't want to spend. they assume every draft pick is a home run. i dk what you've been looking at but WE CAN'T DRAFT. Spend the money on a skill position. Just b/c we did it once with Keyshawn 25 years ago doesn't mean it can't be done again.

i'm all for spending, but i guess it comes down to what he means by "break the bank".

if he's wanting around $20mil...maybe. 

maybe.

if he's wanting to be the top paid WR? nah.