• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vikings might trade Jefferson

JawnyBlaze

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

If we aren't filling those holes overnight, then why send $30mil/year on a WR?

Just makes no sense.

Because we wouldn’t be signing him for only one year. And he could be part of what actually makes Bryce (or next year’s rookie) improve, as a target the QB can have confidence in. 

8 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

You are missing my point - they drafted 2-4 starters/Pro Bowlers each year in the last 3....we haven't drafted ANY in the last 3 years.  They sign FA's who start and play well - we haven't.  They got a new HC who was outstanding - ours was fired mind season his first year.  Acting like these 2 teams are in the same ballpark loses you any credibility.  The Bengals had 3 years of rebuild also before Burrow & 2020....we have spent the last 3 years adding NOTHING.  What on this roster do you see we added the last 3 drafts?  Honestly what talent are you talking about?

Pre Stroud, what Pro Bowlers did they draft?  They have had 1 Pro Bowler in their OT and he wasn't drafted by them. 

a dude like Nico Collins wasn't doing anything before Stroud came along.  

most of the Texans biggest investment pre Stroud have been on the D. 

Texans drafted a legit QB and paired him with a legit playcaller.  The secret sauce isn't complicated.  You get that, you will have success in the NFL.  We had neither. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Pre Stroud, what Pro Bowlers did they draft?  They have had 1 Pro Bowler in their OT and he wasn't drafted by them. 

a dude like Nico Collins wasn't doing anything before Stroud came along.  

most of the Texans biggest investment pre Stroud have been on the D. 

Texans drafted a legit QB and paired him with a legit playcaller.  The secret sauce isn't complicated.  You get that, you will have success in the NFL.  We had neither. 

Pitre, Stingley, Christian Harris are all rookies before Stroud got there - haven't made a Pro Bowl yet but they will.  You can give all the credit to Ryans if you want, but those guys are studs that they built the team with through the draft.  I said Starters/Pro Bowlers....not just Pro Bowlers.  Those guys are better than anyone we had on our defense at those positions.  That team doesn't make the Playoffs without them.

11 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Pitre, Stingley, Christian Harris are all rookies before Stroud got there - haven't made a Pro Bowl yet but they will.  You can give all the credit to Ryans if you want, but those guys are studs that they built the team with through the draft.  I said Starters/Pro Bowlers....not just Pro Bowlers.  Those guys are better than anyone we had on our defense at those positions.  That team doesn't make the Playoffs without them.

yeah, you said both....but they didn't draft any pro bowlers pre Stroud.  That was my point. 

then you list a bunch of defensive guys when this is clearly at the end of the day about offense and setting up your young QB to be successful.  While a good D aids in winning games.....it really doesn't have much to do with how Stroud vs Young look as young QBs. 

I mean, we drafted Derrick freaking Brown.  Who is better than all 3 of them. And if it's just a talent question, we drafted Horn.  Who has it coming out the ears. 

Just seems like are grand effort to diminish how much better Stroud is/was than Bryce.  the NFL is about QB/playcalling.  The Texans had both.  We had zero. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

That is a narrative and we don’t have the worst roster. The Bears are probably worse. Jacksonville maybe. Washington, Atlanta maybe. This idea that we are completely untalented is emotional knee jerk reactions. We have a very talented defense and enough on offense to be ok with proper coaching. That’s the difference. The QB is a huge problem no doubt. If we had taken Stroud maybe Reich doesn’t lose his job so quick and we don’t get Canales who might be the next savant. No way to know yet. But our roster isn’t as bad as our record last year. More like the record the year before. 

JAX?  Come on dude.  The Bears have Fields and Moore (thanks to us), 1 (thanks to us) and 9.

We have 33 and an empty cupboard. It's a 3 year journey.  Minimum. 

2 hours ago, ClawOn said:

JAX?  Come on dude.  The Bears have Fields and Moore (thanks to us), 1 (thanks to us) and 9.

We have 33 and an empty cupboard. It's a 3 year journey.  Minimum. 

Fields is garbage and ok they have DJ Moore. We have more than one good player. Draft picks arent on the roster and we were talking about rosters. 

so the least talented team with the lucky 2-15 record needs to trade another byce young-like package for WR that is demanding to be the highest paid WR??

this is a huddle dream if ever, but whom am i to crush it...... 

carry on.

• Pie 2

52 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Fields is garbage and ok they have DJ Moore. We have more than one good player. Draft picks arent on the roster and we were talking about rosters. 

You don't win 7 games with a garbage QB.

If you feel Fileds is garbage I would hate to hear what you think Bryce is...

I would trade Bryce for Fields in a heartbeat.

• Beer 1

The only reason Jefferson might not want to re-sign with the Vikings is because he wants to know their long term QB plans first

The Vikings current long term QB situation is better than ours... they're not tied to a bust they're forced to keep for another year or two and can do whatever they want.

He's not coming here because he wouldn't be willing to sign a long term deal with us.

End of discussion

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You don't win 7 games with a garbage QB.

If you feel Fileds is garbage I would hate to hear what you think Bryce is...

I would trade Bryce for Fields in a heartbeat.

We could trade Burns for Fields and complete the Carolina Panthers front office’s complete rebuild of the Chicago Bears roster in one year.