• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales and Morgan at the combine

30 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Maybe I dont understand how these things work, but this strikes me as odd.  Wouldnt working with burns people to get a deal done be priority a,b and c since the season ended?

I dont think so.  If he wont budge on the whole 30m per thing then there isnt much to talk about.

4 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Didn't watch just going off tweets. Dunno if I can stomach a full Panthers press conference anymore

I watched them for you. Dave came off as a lamb being lead to slaughter while dropping coach speak quotes. Dan looked off the meth and said what every single GM says - " want tough, smart, guys that are all football". Each feel WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY over their heads about the rebuild ahead. More I see about caralas, the less I like the hire. I hated the rhule hire, its not that bad, but right now Id want evero leading this rebuild rather than a guy seahawks never gave a OC job too after 14 years there..... ALLL while he was "loved" by pete and staff......like what is that poo??? Only the panthers gave him a call to interview for HC and thats with carales qualifying for the rooney diversity hire. 

I was thinking about win/lost over/under and this made me put the number at 3.5. *bonus- i think smart money is the under*

Dan has to draft like the best GM in NFL history the next three years(missing a 2nd next....) and canalas needs to figure out how to be a NFL HC while being one. Just feels like this will get feel ugly fast, just my honest feel right now. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

I watched them for you. Dave came off as a lamb being lead to slaughter while dropping coach speak quotes. Dan looked off the meth and said what every single GM says - " want tough, smart, guys that are all football". Each feel WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY over their heads about the rebuild ahead. More I see about caralas, the less I like the hire. I hated the rhule hire, its not that bad, but right now Id want evero leading this rebuild rather than a guy seahawks never gave a OC job too after 14 years there..... ALLL while he was "loved" by pete and staff......like what is that poo??? Only the panthers gave him a call to interview for HC and thats with carales qualifying for the rooney diversity hire. 

I was thinking to put the win/lost over/under and this made me put the number at 3.5. *bonus- i think smart money is the under*

Dan has to draft like the best GM in NFL history the next three years(missing a 2nd next....) and canalas needs to figure out how to be a NFL HC while being one. Just feels like this will get feel ugly fast, just my honestly feel right now. 

Plus Canales wants to call plays on top of learning on the job...His head is already spinning and he hasn't even had a practice yet. And he was pretty honest about it, and about the fact that he couldn't afford to turn the job down, "betting on himself" and whatever. Saw that money and said sure I can fix Bryce! lol

15 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Plus Canales wants to call plays on top of learning on the job...His head is already spinning and he hasn't even had a practice yet. And he was pretty honest about it, and about the fact that he couldn't afford to turn the job down, "betting on himself" and whatever. Saw that money and said sure I can fix Bryce! lol

Yea, it has a bad feel about it. I get it, once you look at the roster, watch the tape, know the investment they have in young.....its a lose/lose deal. If morgan and caralass pull it off within three years, build a fuging heavens tall statue of each next to sam mills. 

I dont blame him one bit, take that 6 year multi-million lotto ticket. I just dont see him being able to over-come the least talented roster, no depth, no young talent, few great picks, and you are forced to play young with the hope hes turns into a NFL QB...... This job will take years off his life....dave better find him one of these fast-

Lorraine Bracco sitting in a chair in The Sopranos

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Why? So we can go 7-10 every year? If he's not going to be great I hope he is terrible so we can just move on. 

Not really what I said.  But you don't go from bad to great--there is usually a progression. 

15 hours ago, CRA said:

well, I don't walk away from that talk/plan of action thinking that our new HC believes Bryce Young was a #1 overall give up the farm type QB.   

Any HC in 2024 that is putting his emphasis on running the rock and seeing what happens imo doesn't believe they drafted  someone that has "it".  

I wouldn't read too much into it. We've been saying since last year got that we have to get some semblance of a run game and play action going for Bryce to have a chance. Tepper ran Reich out of town over it. I could have told you that was going to be the next coach's philosophy.