• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Division Talk: Falcons are heavy favorites to land Justin Fields

6 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Fields is ass as a QB so this doesn't scare me.

Sure he might run and pick up some yards but he's not a threat as a passer, especially at the end of games.

When he actually HAS to pass, he absolutely sucks at it.

He won 7 games.

It's amazing how you guys talk down on other teams QB's not realizing we arguably have the worst starting QB in the league.

Fields would be a upgrade for us.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

34 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He won 7 games.

It's amazing how you guys talk down on other teams QB's not realizing we arguably have the worst starting QB in the league.

Fields would be a upgrade for us.

No he didn't he won 5.

These are his stats when teams know he has to throw (End of game while trailing):

image.png.c52e9b96db9cbfa129a31ca4a8ec2dc4.png

So elite with his 0 TDs and 7 INTs when trailing at the end of games in strictly passing situations. That's last season alone.

These are his career numbers in strictly passing situations:

image.png.7ee00c4e2aa9a722c88698c1dac4b5a5.png

5 TDs to 17 INTs. He sucks as a passer. Electric runner. Cannot throw for poo.

Dalton is infinitely better, and he's already under contract. There's no reason to want the "Upgrade" of Fields.

• Flames 1

On that Note, here's Bryce's numbers in the same game situations:

image.png.9b5c554620ac7c5168deb0ad16e73202.png

Numbers are not great and neither was Bryce last year but he was still TWICE AS EFFECTIVE as a passer in strictly passing situations last season compared to Fields.

So cool, Fields runs fast but he still sucks as a QB and anyone that thinks he's an upgrade over Bryce (strictly as a passer) is incorrect, and that's not even me saying Bryce will be the second coming, he wasn't great and he is still a better passer than Fields.

I know we all miss our dual threat QB with Cam but Fields isn't the guy to replace him.

11 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

No he didn't he won 5.

These are his stats when teams know he has to throw (End of game while trailing):

image.png.c52e9b96db9cbfa129a31ca4a8ec2dc4.png

So elite with his 0 TDs and 7 INTs when trailing at the end of games in strictly passing situations. That's last season alone.

These are his career numbers in strictly passing situations:

image.png.7ee00c4e2aa9a722c88698c1dac4b5a5.png

5 TDs to 17 INTs. He sucks as a passer. Electric runner. Cannot throw for poo.

Dalton is infinitely better, and he's already under contract. There's no reason to want the "Upgrade" of Fields.

How did DJ Moore have his best career receiving if his QB can't throw?

Cmon bro nobody said he was the best thrower. He's a dual threat QB his accuracy comes and goes.

If I had to describe Fields he is like a poor man's version of Lamar Jackson. He's a starter in this league. May not be a top 10 QB, but he has potential to be a top 15 QB if he puts everything together.

If Fields is garbage like you say no teams would be trading for him. He's no Zach Wilson who most likely will be cut.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

How did DJ Moore have his best career receiving if his QB can't throw?

Cmon bro nobody said he was the best thrower. He's a dual threat QB his accuracy comes and goes.

If I had to describe Fields he is like a poor man's version of Lamar Jackson. He's a starter in this league. May not be a top 10 QB, but he has potential to be a top 15 QB if he puts everything together.

If Fields is garbage like you say no teams would be trading for him. He's no Zach Wilson who most likely will be cut.

"If Sam Darnold is garbage then no team would be trading for him"

Same logic.

Field's tape is not great. Moore had his best year in spite of continued bad QB play, he's just a good WR. Hopkins still put up great numbers even with Brian Hoyer throwing him the ball, who also sucked as a QB.

• Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

On that Note, here's Bryce's numbers in the same game situations:

image.png.9b5c554620ac7c5168deb0ad16e73202.png

Numbers are not great and neither was Bryce last year but he was still TWICE AS EFFECTIVE as a passer in strictly passing situations last season compared to Fields.

So cool, Fields runs fast but he still sucks as a QB and anyone that thinks he's an upgrade over Bryce (strictly as a passer) is incorrect, and that's not even me saying Bryce will be the second coming, he wasn't great and he is still a better passer than Fields.

I know we all miss our dual threat QB with Cam but Fields isn't the guy to replace him.

The good thing if he gets traded to Atlanta we will see him up close and personal.

I just hope you have that same energy when Atlanta wins the division. I can guarantee you playing with the talent Atlanta has will make the game much easier for Fields. Chicago is just starting to build that roster. Before last year that roster was flat out awful.

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Same logic.

Field's tape is not great. Moore had his best year in spite of continued bad QB play, he's just a good WR. Hopkins still put up great numbers even with Brian Hoyer throwing him the ball, who also sucked as a QB.

Moore has been vouching for them to keep Fields. He literally said there is no QB in this draft better than Fields.

Doesn't sound like a guy who wants to move on from Fields. But you know him better so if he sucks then I guess you're right lol

13 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Falcons will win the division if they get any kind of upgrade at QB Fields/Wilson/Cousins would all make them the favorites. QB play has been their only weakness.

Fields isn't an upgrade over what they already have.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1

10 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Same logic.

If the Panthers don’t exist, Darnold is released after the draft/before 5th year option is guaranteed.