• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rizzuti & USA Today on prospects we've talked with

56 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Chubba has gotten better in every phase of his game every season. I think they can ride with him. 

he's not at all a liability. 

what we need is some some power that we can turn to in the run game. we've been weak when we need to punch. we need an RB or two that can just give defenses a beating and force Ds to pay attention to stopping the run game. that makes it easier for bryce, it opens up the passing game, and i think that's the type situation that the OL does better in. 

i like having an RB that can be that dual threat kind of guy that can be used as a reliable outlet for the QB, but i think having some powerball rolling out of the backfield needs to be a big part of it all.

1 hour ago, electro's horse said:

Chubba has gotten better in every phase of his game every season. I think they can ride with him. 

I got no beef with Hubbard.  But he isn’t a receiving RB.  We don’t have that rostered.  There is still a difference.  I just think it matters given you are trying to survive and do something with Bryce Young 

which I think they sort of acknowledged late with that Cohen move that didn’t pan out. 

Sanders messes up the backfield.  Hated that move from day 1.   

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I got no beef with Hubbard.  But he isn’t a receiving RB.  We don’t have that rostered.  There is still a difference.  I just think it matters given you are trying to survive and do something with Bryce Young 

which I think they sort of acknowledged late with that Cohen move that didn’t pan out. 

We are better off simply cutting Sanders and taking our medicine on that move. He is a wasted roster spot.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

53 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, I'll put it to you this way: out of all the positions that we need---and we arguably need them all---RB might be the lowest on the list IMO, or at least the one which I'm willing to ride with for another year if I had to.  As much as people talk about Hubbard's hands, they have improved steadily over his career. 

I'd be loathe to invest a day two pick on an RB, and I believe that a day three back is more likely to be hit-or-miss in terms of three-down viability. 

I'm with Dude on this one: the easiest way to fix the incompleteness of the RB room is to get a power back that will move the chains during those third-and-short downs. I'd also add that improving the O-line, scheme and play calling would help tremendously, but we need a power back. And I think that Chuba arguably does a better impression as a pass catcher than he does on third and short, but it's debatable.

• Beer 1

Sanders is a wasted roster spot, might as well clean up that mess and create a spot for someoneworth trying to play in a run first offense.

Not a lot of CBs which is hilarious with them finally ditching Jackson and Horn being unavailable more than half the time.

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I mean, I'll put it to you this way: out of all the positions that we need---and we arguably need them all---RB might be the lowest on the list IMO, or at least the one which I'm willing to ride with for another year if I had to.  As much as people talk about Hubbard's hands, they have improved steadily over his career. 

I'd be loathe to invest a day two pick on an RB, and I believe that a day three back is more likely to be hit-or-miss in terms of three-down viability. 

I'm with Dude on this one: the easiest way to fix the incompleteness of the RB room is to get a power back that will move the chains during those third-and-short downs. I'd also add that improving the O-line, scheme and play calling would help tremendously, but we need a power back. And I think that Chuba arguably does a better impression as a pass catcher than he does on third and short, but it's debatable.

we had no plan last year and bad marriages all over the field.   A backfield of 3 earlier down runners (if you add a power RB)  isn't the setup Bryce Young needs.  Nor is slow Adam Theilen in the slot.   Move on from Bryce or actually cater to his skills set.  I'm no fan of no mans land. 

We have a billion fixes.  A pass catching RB is a dirt cheap fix.   And we avoided the obvious and easy add last year given Bryce was our QB.   It's not #1 on my list of things to fix.  But it's an easy and cheap fix.  So we should at least be checking those type fixes off the list.  I mean, early down runners can still catch passes.  

Like I said, I think they realized it last year w/ the move to bring in Cohen.  It just didn't work.  Why they waited so late for an easy fix to a hole I don't get.  That's got to be part of a Bryce O. 

22 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Sanders was talked up as a pass catching RB when he was signed and was one of Philly's leading recievers his rookie season. What happened?

That was bologna and my soapbox all last offseason.  Same folks that sold you all sorts of other lies. 

Sanders was graded as THE worst rec RB out of every RB in the entire NFL his last year in Philly (PFF may be flawed but isn't THAT wrong).  People around here just didn't want to hear it. 

He graded another year at near the bottom of all RBs in addition to that. 

In terms of being a pure rusher, the OL set him up in Philly to have the most yards precontact in the NFL that last year. And his production wasn't great once he saw contact.   And Philly phased him out down the stretch because he wasn't bringing enough to the table.

He is an okay early down rusher.  That's Sanders.  And we knew that when we signed him.  The Panther PR was just something different coming off the wasted CMC trade. 

• Beer 2

12 hours ago, rayzor said:

Inspired by the visits

Screenshot_20240304_225251_Firefox.jpg

I love it but don’t think that’s possible. It’s PFF so their ratings are mainly on the college PFF scores not rankings after the senior bowl and combine.

3 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I love it but don’t think that’s possible. It’s PFF so their ratings are mainly on the college PFF scores not rankings after the senior bowl and combine.

Anything Can Happen GIF by Big Brother

there's really so many good prospects in this draft that there are going to be a quite a few who drop well below what the "experts' think they will, especially since there's always a handful of teams whose picks go quite differently than what these experts mock because their rankings are different so they pick someone quite a bit earlier than where these experts had them ranked. 

basically, i'm not ruling much of anything out. i've seen some crazy scenarios in different mocks that i've done (eg: one or two had Bowers going first overall and then he'll show up available at 33) and i'll look at them and go "there's no way that could happen" but teams do unexpected things.

but basically it comes down to my thinking that there's really too many players with a solid and legit argument for a first round grade this year to all make it into the first round. some really good players are bound to fall.

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

there's really so many good prospects in this draft that there are going to be a quite a few who drop well below what the "experts' think they will, especially since there's always a handful of teams whose picks go quite differently than what these experts mock because their rankings are different so they pick someone quite a bit earlier than where these experts had them ranked. 

basically, i'm not ruling much of anything out. i've seen some crazy scenarios in different mocks that i've done (eg: one or two had Bowers going first overall and then he'll show up available at 33) and i'll look at them and go "there's no way that could happen" but teams do unexpected things.

but basically it comes down to my thinking that there's really too many players with a solid and legit argument for a first round grade this year to all make it into the first round. some really good players are bound to fall.

So what you are saying is all those 2024 1st round picks are the same as 2023 2nds might have been wrong? Man, what this team could have been if Fitterer was shown the door with Rhule and a competent GM was hired that saw that we needed a rebuild. Could have easily had two firsts this year and two firsts in 2025 to allow us to maximize a really good draft. SMH. A perfect rebuild scenario was right in front of us had we only had an owner who was worth a damn that wasn’t blown away by guys like Hurney and Fitterer enough to give them an extra year. 

• Beer 1