• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rizzuti & USA Today on prospects we've talked with

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

agreed. i think if we trade back we might end up taking an RB. one thing i completely believe is that we absolutely should not go into next season without a power back of some kind.

RB's will be heavily devalued in thia draft because of the glut of excellent FA options. We can probably get Day Two players late in Day Three because of that. I don't consider RB much of a need but I am all-in on BPA. If the best guy there is a RB, pull the trigger.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

RB's will be heavily devalued in thia draft because of the glut of excellent FA options. We can probably get Day Two players late in Day Three because of that. I don't consider RB much of a need but I am all-in on BPA. If the best guy there is a RB, pull the trigger.

i'm really liking corum and estime. both guys that know how to get into the end zone. especially corum. ray davis is up there as well. braelon allen would be good just for shear power.

• Beer 1

Tipped their hand that they think Burns is going to be re-singed. The only two edge prospects the team talked with are later round guys.

OL was the second largest group behind WR.  So we know we are targeting WR and OL.

I like that we talked to Wiley.  I think he's the best bang for your buck TE, meaning of the late round TEs, he's the top of my board.  I like Holker too, but not as much as Wiley.

I'm not sure why we talked to Brooks as we are not taking a RB at #33 or even in a slight trade back.  Maybe if he's there in the 3rd round.  Still too rich for a RB considering we only have six selections AND missing our first rounder. 

• Pie 3

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This is arguably one of the best free agent RB classes of all time. Unfortunately we made our play last year with Sanders. It's unlikely we will be buyers in that market because of the cap implications. 

homerism aside, I like Shipley in rounds 4-5.   Think he would mesh well with our current backfield setup.   Natural rec out of the backfield.  I hope we never sign a FA RB again. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

homerism aside, I like Shipley in rounds 4-5.   Think he would mesh well with our current backfield setup.   Natural rec out of the backfield.  I hope we never sign a FA RB again. 

He'll get snagged in the late 3rd by a team looking for a poor man's CMC.  Almost certainly a WCO team.

• Pie 1

somebody on here said Legette can't get separation. Dude is fast AF and big with hands. While I want the best interior lineman at 33 (but it seems like they're trying to go through someone else's trash in FA) Coleman and Legette would be the two. Coleman just can't stay healthy. I'd take Coleman and Wilson, but again both had injury issues throughout their career. Unfortunately, this franchise rolls the dice with those types of players.

40 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Tipped their hand that they think Burns is going to be re-singed. The only two edge prospects the team talked with are later round guys.

OL was the second largest group behind WR.  So we know we are targeting WR and OL.

I like that we talked to Wiley.  I think he's the best bang for your buck TE, meaning of the late round TEs, he's the top of my board.  I like Holker too, but not as much as Wiley.

I'm not sure why we talked to Brooks as we are not taking a RB at #33 or even in a slight trade back.  Maybe if he's there in the 3rd round.  Still too rich for a RB considering we only have six selections AND missing our first rounder. 

Today it was said that they officially ended talks with Burns getting a long term deal.   This is just a fairly weak class at edge, especially at 33.

43 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

yeah the brooks thing is a little confusing unless the idea is that they will only take an RB if the top guy falls for some reason.

still some good backs with some pop in them available throughout that we probably need to be checking in to and can for sure use. i won't be upset if we don't take one, but i really would like for us to. 

7 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Today it was said that they officially ended talks with Burns getting a long term deal.   This is just a fairly weak class at edge, especially at 33.

Okay, but why just two guys?  Yes, it's a weaker edge draft, but the value starts to come around on day 3.  I like the Solomon kid out of Troy.  If we had a several day 1 and day 2 picks, I'd get it.  However, most of our picks are day 3 and that's where you target a guy if you want an edge player this draft, especially missing our first rounder where one of the few top edge guys could be had.

48 minutes ago, CRA said:

No offense but I just don't see much NFL ability in Shipley, personally. I have him as a 7th-UDFA guy. I am sure he will get drafted but I just don't like him as an NFL guy.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No offense but I just don't see much NFL ability in Shipley, personally. I have him as a 7th-UDFA guy. I am sure he will get drafted but I just don't like him as an NFL guy.

that's why i think he can fall to 4-5.  He was CMC lite in college.  He doesn't project that same lite status to me in the NFL.  I see him as a pure 3rd down RB in the NFL.   Which is the current big void in our backfield.   You be drafting a niche/roleplayer.   But I think he could fill it....and most 4-5 rounders have low odds of even sticking to the roster.  That's why I like those rounds for your RB committee. 

even if they don't get him, I want them to draft that type RB.  I don't need them to be able to play early downs.  You got 2 guys on the roster for those downs.  Bryce needs a natural pass catcher. 

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

yeah the brooks thing is a little confusing unless the idea is that they will only take an RB if the top guy falls for some reason.

still some good backs with some pop in them available throughout that we probably need to be checking in to and can for sure use. i won't be upset if we don't take one, but i really would like for us to. 

Estime and Allen are neck and neck on most draft site RB rankings I look at.  So if one is gone, the other should be there.  I think a few slightly lower ranked guys like Shipley and Irving will get taken ahead of them because of versatility. There are very few "three yards and a cloud of dust" teams left which will hurt those two guys on draft day.

• Pie 1