• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns Franchise Tagged

shaq

38 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I hope they get those 2 first or he refuses to show up if they can't trade him. Him on a long term deal is worst case scenario...which means it will happen and it will be another hilarious epic fail. I just don't see why anyone would spend 2 1st on Burns. He just isn't worth it. 

I believe I read elsewhere that another team can negotiate with the Panthers on the draft picks to sign Burns.

• Beer 1

It's the last gamble that another team will want him at that price tag for the season. I don't think we actually do, but we're willing to give it a try. Honestly, his trade value will remain high up to the early season trade deadline, so we might as well.

I still think there's a suitor out there for him, but he didn't do himself much help with the season he just posted.

3 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I get he needs to improve in areas but he’s 25 years old crew…the only person in our history to have more sacks in the first 5 seasons was prime Peppers who had 6 more sacks. This is with Burns having a down rookie season and last year, along with us constantly playing from behind. I’m not saying he’s a hall of fame player at this point in his career, but you guys are being over the top calling him a part time player and horrific against the run. The rest of the league disagrees with you.

Tons of people ripped Peppers when he left and said he wasn’t good, same with CMC, and DJ Moore. It would be insane to not tag Burns and let him walk for nothing. 

I don't think any sane person ever said that Peppers wasn't good 

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Oh yeah we're down to $12m in cap space. Somehow paying Chark, Justin Houston, and Hurst $17M to not play here lol. Don't really see room for a ton of splash moves, maybe a couple sideways moves with LB's and OL guys just to freshen up the locker room a little bit, a couple more jag WR's I suppose are needed

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Oh yeah we're down to $12m in cap space. Somehow paying Chark, Justin Houston, and Hurst $17M to not play here lol. Don't really see room for a ton of splash moves, maybe a couple sideways moves with LB's and OL guys just to freshen up the locker room a little bit, a couple more jag WR's I suppose are needed

Need 5 million for rookie class, thats if morgan doesnt trade up(huge doubt). * I have seen hes looking to trade down. 

Basically they can not sign anyone above league minimum type of deals. Given alllll that I doubt luvu is back now. 

Im sure BBs agent knows this, so they are still trying to milk every dime while the panthers are stuck in their self-made whirlpool.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Trading or cutting DJax, cutting Thomas, extending Moton, extending Brown, and working out a Burns extension/trade will clear out a good bit. The first few DJax, Thomas, and Moton could happen fast IMO. Bozeman could clear up a decent amount too if we are wanting to move on from him. 

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

That's a reason why I really think that Burns is going to be traded. If he's not, it's going to be a longer season than many think. JAG will be the term of the off-season, and we might have to kiss Luvu goodbye. Moreover, this is the time that we need to really be trying to secure DB, and how in the hell are we going to do that with Burns taking up so much of the cap? If he isn't traded, we're going to have to take our Castor oil and prepare for a tough season. With DB up in the air and still holes to fill in 2025 (including at LB), we may not get real relief until 2026. 

• Pie 1