• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns Franchise Tagged

shaq

12 hours ago, Toomers said:

Sweat was 24M, and still had half a year at only 5M. In the same situation(but making less) as Burns. And he went out and led two different teams in sacks while being one of the best run defenders at edge in the NFL for years. Burns disappeared while trying not to get hurt. So who would give him more AND picks? 

I'm not saying the Panthers would get Deshaun Watson type trade compensation, but a single 3rd is a bit ridiculous. As I have said before, a couple of day 2 picks is reasonable. For those needing an Edge this season, who else are they going to go after? Franchise tagged Josh Allen? 31 year old Shaq Barrett? 31 year old Leonard Floyd? Bust Chase Young? Or trade into the top 10 to draft Dallas Turner? 

Burns on a long term deal for some day 2 picks is completely reasonable for a team in the Edge market.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

I'm not saying the Panthers would get Deshaun Watson type trade compensation, but a single 3rd is a bit ridiculous. As I have said before, a couple of day 2 picks is reasonable. For those needing an Edge this season, who else are they going to go after? Franchise tagged Josh Allen? 31 year old Shaq Barrett? 31 year old Leonard Floyd? Bust Chase Young? Or trade into the top 10 to draft Dallas Turner? 

Burns on a long term deal for some day 2 picks is completely reasonable for a team in the Edge market.

The whole single 3rd round pick thing is some team trying to "deaden" his market through the media.

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, Steelo said:

The whole single 3rd round pick thing is some team trying to "deaden" his market through the media.

Yep. And they can kiss my monkey ass. Probably atlantas dirty birds bs. 

• Flames 2

some stooge for some big market team thought he was about to plunder the dumb little market team with the stupid owner for a great player and he’d get lots of butt pats for it and when he realized it wasn’t going to happen he got mad, these guys always feel like they’re entitled to players on bad teams and throw a fit when it doesn’t happen

“adapt to present circumstances”

the circumstances: Burns nets a first plus or we just simply elect to keep a good player at a premium position. Pay the asking price. 

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

some stooge for some big market team thought he was about to plunder the dumb little market team with the stupid owner for a great player and he’d get lots of butt pats for it and when he realized it wasn’t going to happen he got mad, these guys always feel like they’re entitled to players on bad teams and throw a fit when it doesn’t happen

“adapt to present circumstances”

the circumstances: Burns nets a first plus or we just simply elect to keep a good player at a premium position. Pay the asking price. 

Damn right. Go plunder some other franchise.......WE AINT THE ONES!!!

13 hours ago, Growl said:

I think we’ve all seen firsthand that trading a good player for a 2/3/4 isn’t really worth the compensation 

could you imagine the shot of life that a player like mccaffery could’ve been to a rookie QB with a porous offensive line could have been 

i recall at a lot of points especially prior to the reich firing that we didn’t even deploy a back as a check down option 

57 minutes ago, Growl said:

could you imagine the shot of life that a player like mccaffery could’ve been to a rookie QB with a porous offensive line could have been 

i recall at a lot of points especially prior to the reich firing that we didn’t even deploy a back as a check down option 

CMC and DJ were arguable the two most important pieces for a rookie QB to have. We traded away both then drafted one.