• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

89's reaction to the Combine

If we're in position to draft Adonai Mitchell or Ladd McConkey as the 5-6th WR off the board, the path is clear.  If not, then I'm not sure about WR at 33.  I just hope Morgan doesn't overdraft to the effect Fitt and DG both tended to do, but who knows.  I know the speed is tantalizing but I'm not wild about Worthy.  Coleman is a wildcard for me and the value just isn't there with the rest of them.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

If we're in position to draft Adonai Mitchell or Ladd McConkey as the 5-6th WR off the board, the path is clear.  If not, then I'm not sure about WR at 33.  I just hope Morgan doesn't overdraft to the effect Fitt and DG both tended to do, but who knows.  I know the speed is tantalizing but I'm not wild about Worthy.  Coleman is a wildcard for me and the value just isn't there with the rest of them.  

Coleman screams Dave Gettlemen logic to me.  I'd hate to see that at 33. 

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

He just doesn't fit what we need but I like the guy.  Could have success, just not in CAR

agree.  and a HUGE part of success for dudes is about fit/team.  Coleman IMO doesn't fit with where the 2024 Panthers are.  

13 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

I literally quoted you. 

No you didnt.  I said it was a really good draft to need a wr at pick 33.  I didnt say anything about it being good that we didnt have our first round pick lol 

On 3/6/2024 at 1:17 PM, Tr3ach said:

Thats not how it works though.  There were lots of wide receivers last year that went much later than 33 and had huge holes compared to what we can get at 33 this year that contributed greatly to their teams last season.    Puka had one of the best receiving rookie seasons in history and went in the 5th round and had plenty of holes in his game.  

This. There are booms and busts and underperformers and over performers in every single draft class. Always have been, always will be.

15 hours ago, rayzor said:

We should go BPA the whole draft.

Rather, BoPA.

Best Offensive Playmakers Available.

That's probably what they will do except they will unfortunately exclude QB. If there is a QB sitting there that has a reasonable chance to be better than the one we have? 

If that happened, they would pass. I’d sure love to hear the discussion over it. (edit: take the damned QB, the one we have has not given us a reason not to).

For me, I want a special player and don’t care what position. Just be special. Absolutely do not pass on special. A center, a returner, safety, don’t care what their position is. Do that and go find more of them. 

Edited by strato

2 minutes ago, strato said:

That's probably what they will do except they will unfortunately exclude QB. If there is a QB sitting there that has a reasonable chance to be better than the one we have? 

If that happened, they would pass. I’d sure love to hear the discussion over it. (edit: take the damned QB, the one we have has not given us a reason not to).

For me, I want a special player and don’t care what position. Just be special. Absolutely do not pass on special. A center, a returner, safety, don’t care what their position is. Do that and go find more of them. 

With all of our needs on offense I can't imagine a scenario where a quarterback is BoPA

12 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

With all of our needs on offense I can't imagine a scenario where a quarterback is BoPA

If Penix is there, if you're married to taking the BPA, then you have to have a discussion. He arguably had the best Combine, throws accurately, has an arm---can basically spin it. I can imagine him being the BPA at the beginning of day 2 of the 2024 draft after all the careers are set in stone.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

Sure, but what you are saying (or the people saying BOPA) is that a value choice has arbitrarily been made to exclude defensive players from consideration. Because, greater need. 

Keep on with that train of thought and you can get to elevating QB to the biggest need. 

Personally I wish they’d get another young QB to compete and may the least terrible win. Doesn’t have to be at 33. Don’t care where they get him just get him. (make this guy show me he can beat Somebody out. It would help him too if he could).

Edited by strato

On 3/6/2024 at 1:09 PM, DJ feed me moore said:

Dont wanna go WR at 33. Just feels like your gunna draft a guy with major hole's in his game, we need football players at every level, get the BPA.

What if the BPA is a WR?

• Beer 1