• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ryan Leaf says Caleb Williams needs work, should sit for a year

54 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Just joking with you btw. Don't take me serious I just be ruffling feathers every now and then.

You’re good bro, you’re one of my favorite posters even when I disagree. Ruffling feathers is fine.

I just thought it was post-worthy when Ryan freaking Leaf is calling out the likely #1 overall QB.  Worth an off-season discussion at least. (Nevermind the Bryce Young implications, can’t play under center, etc)

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I tend to agree. I think Williams and Maye are going to have much more difficult transitions to the NFL than most fans think. 

The one thing I will give Maye credit for is that he seems to be actively seeking out former NFL QB advice(or at least publicly). That SEEMS to signal he might be taking this a bit more serious of a challenge than Williams. TBD.

I think Maye success will depend on the talent around him. I'm hoping he doesn't end up in New England.

I think Maye on a team like Atlanta with those weapons he could win ROTY. He's gonna need talent around him. 

20 minutes ago, bandu said:

oh boy just wait until we start hearing the Bryce Young & Caleb Williams comparisons next season after we traded the #1 overall pick to da Bears...just saying

Oh yeah that’ll be fun times. Also if Fields lands somewhere and improves his game that’ll be a whole other angle to throw in there

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Oh yeah that’ll be fun times. Also if Fields lands somewhere and improves his game that’ll be a whole other angle to throw in there

If they trade Fields and he goes on to reinvent himself and resurrect his career while Williams is a bust then they may have just out-Teppered the Panthers. LOL!

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I think Maye success will depend on the talent around him. I'm hoping he doesn't end up in New England.

I think Maye on a team like Atlanta with those weapons he could win ROTY. He's gonna need talent around him. 

IDK. Maye played in an offense that isn't likely to help him transition quickly. Also, he basically fell apart in the latter half of both his seasons. That didn't inspire a lot of confidence for me.

We will see. He is the most talented guy in the QB class but if it's my #1 overall pick....I'm honestly going Daniels. He seems to have more of an "it" factor.

It's gonna be interesting. There are a few guys from outside that top three that could end up being the best, as well.

34 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I don't think they have much to risk in that regard. Fields seems so overwhelmingly like a bust. I honestly have no idea why they would even pretend to claim he might be the guy they stick with. 

Edited by kungfoodude

50 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think they have much to risk in that regard. Fields seems so overwhelmingly like a bust. I honestly have no idea why they would even pretend to claim he might be the guy they stick with. 

It is all a charade to amplify his trade value. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

IDK. Maye played in an offense that isn't likely to help him transition quickly. Also, he basically fell apart in the latter half of both his seasons. That didn't inspire a lot of confidence for me.

We will see. He is the most talented guy in the QB class but if it's my #1 overall pick....I'm honestly going Daniels. He seems to have more of an "it" factor.

It's gonna be interesting. There are a few guys from outside that top three that could end up being the best, as well.

Oh I have Maye as the 3rd best QB. I agree about him struggling at the end of the season. I'm just saying he has the talent to win ROTY if he's on a team with weapons.

I also agree with Daniels going #1. Something about Caleb was off this past season. It's crazy because I was a big fan of his talent before the season. He seems to have a weird personality off the field.