• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason LaCanfora: Panthers will add multiple skill players in free agency/trades this offseason

8 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

I feel like skill players are how you end up in the exact same spot. They need to calm down and build in the trenches. 

If they trade for anything it should be draft picks. Whether Bryce is the guy or not we need our own guys not journeymen vets on short deals

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Fox sports guy thinks we need a safety in free agency?

We've needed a legit FS for the entire existence of our franchise outside of those few years we had Deon Grant. Just think about that. Deon Grant is the best FS in franchise history. A guy 95% of NFL fans have completely forgotten about. As much as I loved Mike Minter, he's the caliber of SS that most fanbase would fondly remember but he certainly wouldn't be near the top of their best DBs. He'd be remembered how we remember a guy like say Will Witherspoon at LB.

It's pretty wild how much we e neglected the secondary and especially the safety position and really especially FS. Deon Grant and Tre Boston might be about the only actual true FSs we've ever even rostered.

• Beer 3

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've needed a legit FS for the entire existence of our franchise outside of those few years we had Deon Grant. Just think about that. Deon Grant is the best FS in franchise history. A guy 95% of NFL fans have completely forgotten about. As much as I loved Mike Minter, he's the caliber of SS that most fanbase would fondly remember but he certainly wouldn't be near the top of their best DBs. He'd be remembered how we remember a guy like say Will Witherspoon at LB.

It's pretty wild how much we e neglected the secondary and especially the safety position and really especially FS. Deon Grant and Tre Boston might be about the only actual true FSs we've ever even rostered.

Hopefully our new coach rectifies that with his emphasis on taking the ball away. A true ball hawk at FS would be a great step in that direction. I don’t know how much Simmons has left in the tank but he has a history with Evaro 

8 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

Hopefully our new coach rectifies that with his emphasis on taking the ball away. A true ball hawk at FS would be a great step in that direction. I don’t know how much Simmons has left in the tank but he has a history with Evaro 

Especially as the league has evolved to be more and more pass happy. We have usually fielded what amounts to two SSs. Xavier Woods has been solid for us but he's basically a FS/SS tweener type who has played both spots during his career. What is love to have is that over the top sideline to sideline FS. It just makes everyone else's job so much easier knowing that guy is back there roaming over the top and it also allows them to play more aggressively.

• Pie 1