• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The man that should be our top target in FA

The Panthers have a big gap in talent offensively compared to almost every team in the NFL.  Ideally a stud WR or two would be attainable but looks like that’s not happening.  There is one (maybe 2) players that could change the Panthers offense drastically.  A player that can take pressure of Bryce, and be a focal point for defensive schemes.  

That player is Saquon Barkley.  I know paying RBs is frowned upon, but Having a RB that can both run/catch at an elite level like Saquon immediately changes the offense.  We have seen what CMC did for our offense.  Barkley carried a terrible Giants team and Canales clearly wants to run the ball. He isn’t shy about saying it.

I’m not saying it will happen, it probably won’t, but signing Saquon Barkley would be the most impactful signing the Panthers could make on offense going into this year especially with all the WRs staying put.  You have a QB on a rookie contract, now is the time to load up on talent and take a chance.  

Also don’t even mention Miles Sanders as a lesson in signing RBs he isn’t in the same stratosphere of talent that Barkley is, Fitterer is a moron. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Sure. Right. Just after almost 30+ years of overpaying RB's we should do that again.

Wonderful idea. Thanks, Marty.

Tell me one other FA skill player that would improve our offense more than him?  Don’t say Ridley he’s suspect, the only other guy is maybe Josh Jacobs who is also a RB.

I would have loved Pittman or Higgins but it’s not happening.  You gotta improve somehow this may be the best way to start.

Edited by NJPanthers89

Just now, NJPanthers89 said:

Tell me one other FA skill player that would improve our offense more than him?  Don’t say Ridley he’s suspect, the only other guy is maybe Josh Jacobs who is also a RB.

Brother, if you can't understand how little any RB in the NFL(CMC included) is going to help us win, I can't make you see it.

Gee, maybe the one winning season in five should have been a hint but I guess not....

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Have you completely missed the Panthers entire history where one of our consistently biggest mistakes is over-investing at the RB position?

There's about 5-6 RBs available at any point during the draft that would be just as helpful and would be cheaper and last a hell of a lot longer.

• Pie 3