• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I've seen enough of 'Dawg" Morgan, he is a bonafide idiot and Tepper got his bootlicker

I wouldn’t be upset at all with this if we were able to re sign Luvu. My question for the ones who are going off the deep end is this…..if you just took control of the team and tagged Burns, knowing he wouldn’t play on the tag and knowing you would have to sign him to a mega deal, if the highest return you could get from a team willing to Meet his salary demands is a 2nd and a 5th, what route would you have taken?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, jb2288 said:

Meh the burns saga is on Fitt and I love the guard signing. Let’s see what he does rest of the week and after the draft 

But why? The huddle says we are definitely screwed here in the second week of March! Lol

Just now, WarPanthers89 said:

I wouldn’t be upset at all with this if we were able to re sign Luvu. My question for the ones who are going off the deep end is this…..if you just took control of the team and tagged Burns, knowing he wouldn’t play on the tag and knowing you would have to sign him to a mega deal, if the highest return you could get from a team willing to Meet his salary demands is a 2nd and a 5th, what route would you have taken?

I feel like overall we got fleeced because Fitt absolutely screwed us but yeah in a vacuum made the best of a crap situation. The alternative was tagging him where he holds out, paying him $30M, or letting him go and getting a 3rd comp. 

we just took the best out of 4 bad options because Fitt is the worst gm to ever sniff the nfl

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

Just now, jasonluckydog said:

We should have told the Giants to fick off. 2 nd round picks and a 3rd this season and next years 1st. 

Yeah, even what we have now throw in next year‘s first… would’ve smoothed it over a bit

33 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You are angry with the wrong guy. This mess you are seeing is brought to you by Fitterer.  He set all of this in motion the second he turned down that trade. All Morgan is doing is trying to salvage what he can. The Luvu thing and having to overpay for a good guard is disappointing but that is the price we will have to pay to begin to rebuild this thing.

I really don't understand why y'all keep saying that we overpaid. Hunt is a top guard in the league. Guards are getting paid (hell, I believe two actually got paid more than he did). If you want a boss line, you have to pay for it. Lord knows that the interior O-line was poo. His presence should make everyone better, and Ickey won't have to be paid for a while. Build from the inside out. Your line has to be a combination of good vets and good young talent.

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, Basbear said:

One is big deals I had with Morgan, he was Fitts right hand guy. You know fitt took his advice and they built the worse talented roster in the NFL. Sure rhule can be blamed as well, but even the depth was piss poor. It honestly felt as bad as when herniay came back about the "wtf" level of it. He got rewarded, sooo odd. 

I don't disagree with you. Morgan's role was supposed to be the FA go to guy to Fitterer's draft master plan.  I'm not convinced that he can get it done either.  I'm just pointing out where the blame should rightfully go in this particular disaster. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Flames 1

Just now, top dawg said:

I really don't understand why y'all keep saying that we overpaid. Hunt is a top guard in the league. Guards are getting paid (hell, I believe two actually got paid more than he did). If you want a boss line, you have to pay for it. Lord knows that the interior O-line was poo. His presence should make everyone better, and Ickey won't have to be paid for a while. Build from the inside out. Your line has to be a combination of good vets and good young talent.

People are stuck in 2018. I don’t think many realize how much the cap has increased. Freaking Kirk cousins just got 45M PER YEAR

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, jasonluckydog said:

We should have told the Giants to fick off. 2 nd round picks and a 3rd this season and next years 1st. 

We just were never going to get that. I heard the air deflating once these other pass rushers were put up on the trade block. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1