• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stop Crying about Burns

Burns is no longer on his rookie deal. That changed everything. This is not a fail by this FO. Was hoping for a player and a 2nd, but that was always gonna be the best they were gonna get for a malcontent that didn't want to be in Carolina anymore.

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

meh

Meh...as in you think the compensation was spot on or that was the best we were getting for him?  I was even willing to spread the draft compensation over two...even three drafts as long as the value came through.

Just now, 45catfan said:

Meh...as in you think the compensation was spot on or that was the best we were getting for him?  I was even willing to spread the draft compensation over two...even three drafts as long as the value came through.

It was a bit less than I wanted.  I had mentioned in the speculation threads a future 1st (not 2024) and a mid-later round pick was my guess.  At the least get a 2nd and mid rounder.  It does not leave me thinking we negotiated well, right below my minimum expectation.  Slightly underwhelmed.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I guess the Giants weren't going for that. We most likely got the best deal they were willing to give and still pay Burns what he wanted. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

It was a bit less than I wanted.  I had mentioned in the speculation threads a future 1st (not 2024) and a mid-later round pick was my guess.  At the least get a 2nd and mid rounder.  It does not leave me thinking we negotiated well, right below my minimum expectation.  Slightly underwhelmed.

I was angling for a 2nd/3rd this year and next year's first.  That I would have been happy with.  I had no misconception that the Giants were going to give up their #6 this year.

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I was angling for a 2nd/3rd this year and next year's first.  That I would have been happy with.  I had no misconception that the Giants were going to give up their #6 this year.

It would have been like a 4th/5th this season with next years first. 

The value wasnt changing. 

Sometimes you need to move something lower than you hoped to clear out space or raise funds for another deal you like so much that you think the shortfall in return can be made up on the other end. Or you just think it is worth doing it for.

We can hope there is something.

Seriously...it's alright to be pissed at the way it turned out. We should have gotten more. Fitt fugged up and we got robbed.

It's also alright to think it could have been worse and we got a little help to add more talent to the roster.