• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why keep Evero for this?

Surely Tepper, Morgan and co had to have an idea where this free agency was going to go. 

Why in the world would Tepper bring back Evero knowing the defense was going to be gutted? Why not tell him the situation and let him and his staff walk to a better situation?

Strikes me as almost sadism from Tepper. 

• Pie 1

Because Evero can build a good defense around solid players.   And plenty of solid players can be signed for 1-2 year deals.

Apparently Luvu CHOSE Washington because he prefers Dan Quinn's scheme over Evero's.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 4

Meh....this isn't the personnel he's going to be starting the defense with.

Silly to act like it. Evero wants to show his worth and why he should have a HC job? Help rebuild it and take what he gets heading into the season and make it respectable. Prove you are the guy that can walk into any tough situation and make it work.

• Pie 9

Evero was able to scheme around his players’ strengths last year and minimize their weaknesses to field a good defense. Having good players help, but I saw that he was able to make things work with what he has. Thats good coaching. He’s a good coach. 

• Pie 7

I think you elucidated exactly why he's still here. Tepper views Evero as an asset, a coach that can get average level play out of below average talent. (now whether that happens remains to be seen, I don't think anyone could produce a pass rush with our current roster)

I don't think Tepper gives a fug about Evero's feelings/future job prospects.

• Beer 1

I think a bad org continues just to fly by their seat of their pants.   Tepper and Morgan where both part of orchestrating 2023.  Which had no actual vision.  Just a bunch of random parts and people forced together. 

when Evero agreed to stay, they were still negotiating trying to keep Burns.  I do not buy Evero was told they were going to purge the D of the talent they did and he opted to remain here.  He could of got a gig with a team that wasn't the worst professional team in all of sports.   He was able to salvage a respectable season last year.  And his personal resume matters given what he seeks to do in the near future. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

when Evero agreed to stay, they were still negotiating trying to keep Burns.  I do not buy Evero was told they were going to purge the D of the talent they did and he opted to remain here.  

No chance.  I think it's pretty clear they have been engaging in trade talks for a while.  Evero isn't naive.

They didn't keep their DC in the dark on their plans.  It's a collaborative effort on an NFL team.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

i saw that tweet, and I'm not sure I buy that. 

He had plenty of success in Evero's scheme. 

He wants to play on the edge like Parsons.  Not be an off the ball LB.    I see no reason for a Washington reporter to play Panthers PR.

• Pie 2