• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why keep Evero for this?

7 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

I think this time the Panthers are going into full rebuild so our coaching staff has at least 3 years to get it right.  I’m sure Evero wants some stability after moving cities every year.

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think a bad org continues just to fly by their seat of their pants.   Tepper and Morgan where both part of orchestrating 2023.  Which had no actual vision.  Just a bunch of random parts and people forced together. 

when Evero agreed to stay, they were still negotiating trying to keep Burns.  I do not buy Evero was told they were going to purge the D of the talent they did and he opted to remain here.  He could of got a gig with a team that wasn't the worst professional team in all of sports.   He was able to salvage a respectable season last year.  And his personal resume matters given what he seeks to do in the near future. 

I agree this is a bad org, but "agreed to stay" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here. Tepper refused to let him interview for other DC positions. 

This definitely sets him back a few years. "He's under contract" is a shitty response, since contracts don't mean anything in the NFL unless you want them to. This defense is going to be dog poo, and they'll likely have a poo offense on the other side of the ball making matters worse.

He's gotten fuged over here. 

• Beer 1

Also, why would an up and coming positon coach take a job here? Evero was blocked out from other job interviews, they blew up his unit underneath him, he's being forced to coach through a total rebuild. 

Just let him go. Canales offensive coordinator was his lover and bible study budy from TB and Seattle. 

Surely he has a JO buddy that can hold the DC clipboard while they give up 50 a game. 

• Poo 2

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Also, why would an up and coming positon coach take a job here? Evero was blocked out from other job interviews, they blew up his unit underneath him, he's being forced to coach through a total rebuild. 

Just let him go. Canales offensive coordinator was his lover and bible study budy from TB and Seattle. 

Surely he has a JO buddy that can hold the DC clipboard while they give up 50 a game. 

How can somebody even have a conversation with all this hyperbole?

• Pie 7

So, wait and see what happens is just out of the question?

Good glory this place is a steaming pile of doom and gloom. 

We’re one day, just one day into FA and people are acting as though we’re guaranteed to go 0-17 next season. I loathe Tepper, but let’s exercise some patience and let the offseason play out. 

• Pie 4

Just now, Jackofalltrades said:

So, wait and see what happens is just out of the question?

Good glory this place is a steaming pile of doom and gloom. 

We’re one day, just one day into FA and people are acting as though we’re guaranteed to go 0-17 next season. I loathe Tepper, but let’s exercise some patience and let the offseason play out. 

And if we do go 0-17, at least we have a 1st round pick again!

Sorry, Morgan’s responsibility is not to take it up the rear to let other teams have coaches that are under contract here. His responsibility is to the team and the fans. You want him to give you the fan a big middle finger and just let a coach that people seem to want here walk for nothing? Are you a Panther fan or an Evero fan? This is such a dumb thread. Also, feel free to place some blame on discriminatory policies which would allow the Panthers to collect a compensatory draft pick if they keep Evero for another year and he takes a promotion elsewhere.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

21 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

No chance.  I think it's pretty clear they have been engaging in trade talks for a while.  Evero isn't naive.

They didn't keep their DC in the dark on their plans.  It's a collaborative effort on an NFL team.

Vision and plans isn't what they do here.   They are PROVEN to be poorly run.  Poorly managed.  When someone tells you who they are, believe them.   It's like the trade up to #1.  They didn't trade up for Bryce.  They traded up to be able to take whoever they wanted.  Figure it out later. 

because under that, you are framing all the reports on the negotiations were a smoke screen/lie to set up a bad/weak trade that was always the plan.  That doesn't sell. 

They botched Burns.  The trade is the outcome of mishandling it all for some time.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

This is about refusing to let your DC leave for other opportunities before gutting his unit. 

How long do we need to wait before pointing that out?

They’re not obligated to let him leave. We also have no idea about the conversations behind closed doors. We are ignorant more often than we are informed. EE is touted as one of the brightest defensive minds in the NFL, why would you let him leave?

I imagine if he made it known he was unhappy and wanted to leave then he wouldn’t be here now. New regime isn’t going to force a malcontent to stay and I imagine he’s had quite a lot of input into what’s happened this offseason. 

• Pie 1

Gutted? We lost Burns (sucks but we pretty much knew he was gone), Luvu (sucks but we get Shaq back so doesn’t hurt quite as much as simply losing our starting MLB), Bell (not much of a loss, was hurt and didn’t exactly live up to expectations) and YGM (no loss). With FA and the draft and another year in the system the defense might not be as bad as the chicken littles think. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

And if we do go 0-17, at least we have a 1st round pick again!

True, while I don’t see that happening. I think we’ll wind up in the bottom half of the league, but I don’t think we’ll be competing for the first overall pick. 

5 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

This is about refusing to let your DC leave for other opportunities before gutting his unit. 

How long do we need to wait before pointing that out?

It's free agency, I don't think we purposely gutted anyone other than underperforming players. Von Bell barely played a snap for us. Burns? thats debatable but I feel he made better Spiderman poses than actual impact during the season. Luvu chose to leave (I'm assuming). Evero has shown that he can make lemonade out of lemons. 

and it's day two of FA. 

• Pie 1

The defense isn’t done yet. Looks like he wanted to keep Luvu, but Luvu wanted to play for Quinn to get more pass rushing attempts. So the only major thing was the Burns trade which no one here wanted to pay him the $30 million he got. 

• Pie 1