• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Williams cut

Mike Williams is crazy inconsistent. I've had him in fantasy and he is frustrating. After adding Johnson and resigning Smith Marsette WR has slipped in priority.  33 or 39 are likely earmarked for WR and I also like the options later like a Coker, Baker, Rice, McMillan etc.  

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We need a jump ball tall WR.

I would feel comfortable not even drafting a WR if we made this signing.

why? Bryce Young is our QB.  That's not his style.   Mike has largely made his living in SD on deeper routes and only being NFL open. 

Bryce IMO complicates everything. 

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

Let's trade for Tee Higgins, sign Mike, sign Renfrow.   Then in the draft snatch up Will Shipley. 

then, let's bring freaking Clipboard Jesus out of retirement.  It will be our 2023 Joe Flacco moment but better given Charlie Whitehurst never really played.  

Fire Canales midseason and bring in Dabo! 

All in, baby!!!! 

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

why? Bryce Young is our QB.  That's not his style.   Mike has largely made his living in SD on deeper routes and only being NFL open. 

Bryce IMO complicates everything. 

You need to have a mix of different WRs. We have a slot, we have a separation WR, now we need a tall jump ball WR.

Signing Williams allows us to pass on WR's with our 2 second Rd picks 

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

He'll be 30 by the time the season starts and he is going to want one last big payday. Meh.

30 is not old for a WR. Man why do you guys do this every year. We need a upgrade at WR. Nobody wants to see Mingo and TMJ again. Get guys that can play regardless of age.

We are the laughing stock of the league we gotta start acquiring talent!

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You need to have a mix of different WRs. We have a slot, we have a separation WR, now we need a tall jump ball WR.

Signing Williams allows us to pass on WR's with our 2 second Rd picks 

Well, we don't have a slot.  That's like calling Miles Sanders a receiving RB.  You can throw him the ball.  He can catch it.  But that's not what he is.  Theilen isn't a good slot WR.   We just play him there.  He is slow.  He has zero YAC. 

I mean, I'm a firm believer if you want to play football with Bryce Young....rec RB, TE, and slot are the big 3 key spots you have to have for him.  And you need really good players there. 

Mike Williams is older.  He is a short term rental.   Why would signing him or Dionte Johnson who likely a one and done move.....prevent us from actually attempting to solve our massive WR hole in the big picture. 

this is a deep and good WR class and we need WRs. 

• Pie 1