• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Guard Duo in Football?

5 hours ago, frankw said:

I've been a Panthers fan long enough to remember many a paper champions offseason moves.

Let's see these fellas in August and go from there.

poo everyone was crowing same time last year. 

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, t96 said:

We were bitten before recently by Corbett, I’m gonna wait to see how it plays out with these 2 guys. Also still need a center

Corbett was the best player on the OL in 2022 once he came off the PUP list.

Injuries hurt him again in 2023.    

So yea, the injury bug has hurt us but he was (maybe is?) a real good OL.  He just cannot be counted on without a solid backup plan 

15 hours ago, bandu said:

well now I know  the Panthers definitely  plan on running the ball more this season  so yeah with that said  i look for them to draft some fresh wheels in this upcoming draft...just saying

Agree. A speedy, homerun hitter that can run zone read. 

BTW I don’t think I have ever seen such horrible Guard play as there was on the field last year. At the same time, the QB’s skills and timing were totally non existent. Slovenly drop back pace, unlike any other QB really ever seen.

No wonder Reich blew a circuit board out trying to work around that. Or Brown rather. What a poo plan.

But I digress. If you were going to rush the passer vs the Panthers you could literally stand around and see who the OL went to engage with, and then go chase the QB you will have a free run. Not even a stunt. Just delay a little and let them get busy. If you do a stunt you are IN. They apparently think everyone has to run straight ahead no tricks. It’s easy. 

Honestly, with a pro-quality offensive line, we might actually get what was advertised with Miles Sanders. As the video points out, Raheem Mostert was all world behind Hunt being himself arguably a mid-level RB.

Sanders just never had any gaps to run through. Hubbard stubbornly found yardage, and I'm excited to see how Mrs. Rhule's favorite does behind this line when he has actual lanes to pick through. But Sanders is just a season removed from being one of the league's leaders in all-purpose yards. Behind the line we are building, this could be his bounce-back season.

13 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Honestly, with a pro-quality offensive line, we might actually get what was advertised with Miles Sanders. As the video points out, Raheem Mostert was all world behind Hunt being himself arguably a mid-level RB.

Sanders just never had any gaps to run through. Hubbard stubbornly found yardage, and I'm excited to see how Mrs. Rhule's favorite does behind this line when he has actual lanes to pick through. But Sanders is just a season removed from being one of the league's leaders in all-purpose yards. Behind the line we are building, this could be his bounce-back season.

I really liked the Sanders pick up last year as a CMC-lite type move. I also watched a video about how Canales likes to use receiving backs out of the back field. 

Its only good for us if Sanders earns his way into that starting role.