• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell traded to Seattle

I'm personally a big fan of package trades that have the even draft asset distribution.

I.E. We have the first 4th rounder, first 5th, and an extra 5th.  Something like our 4th and later 5th (166 from SF) for a late 3rd and 6th would be an interesting move come draft day if an impact guy falls in that late 3rd range.     

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

So according to the "Fitzgerald-Spielberger Trade Value Chart" they had Sam Howell valued at 199 points. Basically the value of pick 251 (late 7th) in the draft. 

So he dropped in value after playing a year?

5 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

So according to the "Fitzgerald-Spielberger Trade Value Chart" they had Sam Howell valued at 199 points. Basically the value of pick 251 (late 7th) in the draft. 

Tells you what the NFL thinks of Howell 

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So he dropped in value after playing a year?

I don't know if the math per that chart value is correct but if it is it's safe to just disregard that value chart moving forward. In no universe would you be able to trade 102 + 179 + 199 for 78 and 152.

Using the standard trade chart you'd land at a 70ish point difference, the equivalent of a mid-4th.

*Okay, went and looked at that draft value chart and didn't bother doing the math because the chart is laughably absurd. According to that chart you could trade up from #32 to #22 in the 1st round simply by tossing in the last pick of the draft. It wildly overvalues late round picks. That chart is trash.