• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Williams rumor

Yeah I don't get the argument. Unless you have Mahomes, every single other team in the NFL needs offensive line and wide receivers. The last closest to win without was Cam, who's lack of an offensive line doomed him in the super bowl.

I guess some posters on here want to wait until we get the best quarterbacks in the world. Okay, but you'll be waiting a long time, that just isn't realistic. There's only 7 good quarterbacks in the world (Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Stroud, Lamar, Hurts, Herbert) and about 12 average quarterbacks (Purdy, Dak, Cousins, Goff, Love being the high end). All besides Mahomes need weapons and a offensive line, period. 

So it's "catering to Bryce" to bring in offensive line and weapons? Like what?

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, amcoolio said:

Yeah I don't get the argument. Unless you have Mahomes, every single other team in the NFL needs offensive line and wide receivers. The last closest to win without was Cam, who's lack of an offensive line doomed him in the super bowl.

I guess some posters on here want to wait until we get the best quarterbacks in the world. Okay, but you'll be waiting a long time, that just isn't realistic. There's only 7 good quarterbacks in the world (Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Stroud, Lamar, Hurts, Herbert) and about 12 average quarterbacks (Purdy, Dak, Cousins, Goff, Love being the high end). All besides Mahomes need weapons and a offensive line, period. 

I think it's more so about the reservations of Bryce based on his selection and what we gave up for him. The #1 pick should be an elevator and a guy that can carry the team. So, he shouldn't need a stacked offense to show what he can do. 

But we very obviously had the exact opposite of that last season so I can't blame the FO for going all out to this offseason to evaluate Bryce.

1 hour ago, amcoolio said:

you are supposed to cater to a rookie QB and put him in a position to succeed/grow.  Specifically one you mortgaged your future for. 

We failed massively to put him in a good spot last year to succeed/grow.  And if he had good G play last year....he still wouldn't of been put in a position to succeed.   

9 hours ago, CRA said:

attempting to build a stereotypical offense for their non-stereotypical QB? 

I mean, I’m ready to move on from Bryce so I don’t really care.   But yeah, I’ve been clear since we drafted him the the only way I think Young can work is to to build him a Bryce dink and dunk O with their scheme and talent. 

Big picture,  we are going to likely have better interior OL play and slightly better playcalling.  

I mean, this is a Mike Williams thread.  What type of O did  Canales run  in Tampa?  The only addition skill talent wise to date is problem wideout the Steelers tried to deal for a year and couldn’t that plays on the outside.  Big picture I don’t dislike what they are doing to fix the O…but it’s still IMO a variation of last year where it’s not going to be catering to an anomaly QB.  

I think we drafted an anomaly QB….and still have not come to terms with that. 

and the talk/mood just feels like last year on repeat for me.  I was never it’s an all Bryce Young sucks guy either.  I didn’t like what they were putting him into from the jump when so many were talking playoffs and best roster since 2003 type stuff.  I still don’t like what they are putting him in….at least to date.  I don’t think we are going to put him in position again this year to help him reach his potential. 

If you are saying, in all that, that Canales if going to do vanilla run based that doesn’t account for this QBs special needs, then I am disagreeing.